Accessible Navigation. Go to: Navigation Main Content Footer

Paying for College

Applying for Financial Aid

Federal Student Aid is an initiative of the U.S. Department of Education which "ensures that all eligible individuals can benefit from federally funded or federally guaranteed financial assistance for education beyond high school." Federal Student Aid award packages are comprised of grants, loans, and work study jobs. Bitterroot College Federal Student Aid procedures and deadlines are the same as those for the Missoula College and The University of Montana.

Visit Federal Student Aid to learn more about Financial Aid. Click on the links below for information on the types of Federal Student Aid available:

The first step in applying for Federal Student Aid is:

  • Filling out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
    • Apply for your Federal Student Aid PIN
    • File your FAFSA as soon as possible after January 1
    • To maximize your award, file your FAFSA by February 15
    • The Federal School Code number for the UM-COT is 002536

Once you have successfully completed your FAFSA and are officially admitted to Missoula College, Missoula College will begin processing your Financial Aid Award. Your Financial Aid Award is available for viewing and accepting once you are cleared to access your online student account (CyberBear via the UM Login portal) and your award has been fully processed by the Missoula College Financial Aid Office.

For instructions on accepting your Financial Aid Award, visit Accept FA Award.

For assistance with applying for financial aid, contact Bitterroot College Advising and Enrollment Services Coordinator Kathleen O'Leary at (406) 375-0100 or .

Confused by the whole Financial Aid process?

Wondering how much Financial Aid you might be eligible for?

Visit FAFSA4caster to jump start your understanding!