Chair:Jessica Dougherty, Missoula College
Monthly on Monday's from 10:00 -12:00 a.m.
Contact the Faculty Senate Office to be added to the distribution list to receive meeting agendas and minutes.
The primary responsibility of the Writing Committee is ongoing evaluation and assessment of General Education writing requirements. The Writing Committee advocates for effective writing instruction, curriculum, and assessment; and reviews course proposals for the writing designation and transfer equivalency appeals for writing courses. In addition, the Committee monitors the programs of the Writing Center, monitors the University-wide Program-level Writing Assessment, and collaborates with campus groups to provide faculty development workshops.
Review of Writing CoursesWriting Course Guidelines / FAQs / Rubric used to approve Intermediate Writing Courses / Information Literacy / Intermediate Writing Exemption Appeal Guidelines
/ Advanced Writing Substitution Request
Writing Course Group
|Fall 2019 (2013 rev)||Humanities and Fine Arts|
|Fall 2020 (2014 rev)||Professional Schools and Sciences|
|Fall 2021 (2015 rev)||Social Science|
|Fall 2018 (2012 rev)||Writing and Literature|
Writing Center Resources for Teaching Writing
Videos of previous Symposium Sessions are available on the Professional Development Site.
- Bigger is’t Better: Soliciting Sophisticated, Rigorous Writing through Short Assignments
- So You Are’t a Writing Teacher? Stress-free Strategies for Using Writing to Help Students Learn in Any Discipline
- Speaking the Same Language: Strategies for Responding to Writing in the Sciences and Beyond
- Not on the Same Page?: Defining your Assignment Expectations and Using Rubrics to Communicate Them
- How Rubrics Help Students and Teachers
- Providing Productive Feedback in a Reasonable Amount of Time
- Revision Strategies that Work