In our Residence Halls we have Resident Assistants whose job is to make sure you have a great experience and are connected to our hall and University! Each RA plans programs and events, has regular one on one conversations with each resident, ensures the safety of the community, and is present and available for you to talk with.
Specifically, our Resident Assistants will host Weekly Traditions for their floor community at a set time and day of the week, every week! Talk with your RA about when your weekly tradition is and stop by anytime! Resident Assistants also have several intentional one on one conversations with residents each semester to check in regarding how classes are going, other aspects of student life, and to help connect residents to university resources relevant to their needs at that time.
Examples of common floor and hall programs include:
- Academic Advising Fair
- Relaxation Around The World: Spa Night
- Pizza Night with Documentary Showings
- Shake it Out With Zumba!
- Group Hiking the M
- Stress Less with Curry Wellness
- Study Night with your Floor (and Study Breaks!)
- Light Up the Night with the Women’s Resource Center
- Blood Drives
- Involvement Fair with the Student Involvement Network (SIN)
- Cider Press
- Self-Defense Classes and others with UMPD
- Diversity Fair with SIN or UM Allies Training
- Body Love - Promoting healthy body images for women and men
- Rock Climbing or Gym Night with Campus Recreation
So come and join your RA and the RAs of your building community for any of our programs or events! They are put on for you and your roommates, suitemates, and friends!