On each floor in our Residence Halls we have Resident Assistants whose job is to make sure you have a great experience and are connected to our hall and University! Each RA plans programs and events, interacts with residents, ensures the safety of the community, and is present and available for you to talk with.
Specifically, our Resident Assistants will host Weekly Traditions for their floor community at a set time and day of the week, every week! Talk with your RA about when your weekly tradition is and stop by anytime!
The RAs also provide many formal and informal programs throughout the year focused on creating the following: an Open, Just, Disciplined, Caring, Celebrative, and Educationally Purposeful community.
RAs also host Floor Snacks throughout the semester where residents can come together for a chance to hang out while enjoying a free snack provided by UM Dining.
Examples of common floor and hall programs include:
- Academic Advising Fair
- Relaxation Around The World: Spa Night
- Pizza Night with Documentary Showings
- Shake it Out With Zumba!
- Group Hiking the M
- Stress Less with Curry Wellness
- Study Night with your Floor (and Study Breaks!)
- Light Up the Night with the Women’s Resource Center
- Blood Drives
- Involvement Fair with the Student Involvement Network (SIN)
- Cider Press with Eco-Reps
- Self-Defense Classes and others with UMPD
- Diversity Fair with SIN or UM Allies Training
- Body Love - Promoting healthy body images for women and men
- Rock Climbing or Gym Night with Campus Recreation
- Holiday-Centered Programs: Day of the Dead, Easter Egg Hunt with resources from across campus, Reverse Trick-Or-Treat, etc.
So come and join your RA and the RAs of your building community for any of our programs or events! They are put on for you and your roommates, suitemates, and friends!