Policy Number: 404.1
Policy: Criteria for Board of Regents Contracts
Date Adopted: 01/95
Revision Date: 04/02
Approved By: Robert A. Duringer, Vice President for Administration & Finance
The criteria set forth in this document shall be used to determine specific categories of employees who may be considered for Regents' Contract appointments.
- A professional employee who has the authority to represent the institution to the public; or
- A professional employee who performs work requiring knowledge of an advanced type customarily acquired by, at a minimum, a Master's degree; or
- A professional employee who is; (a) engaged in production or delivery of educational services as Principal Investigator in research; or (b) engaged in research with responsibility for designing projects, developing protocol, and writing and/or delivering final products.
- An employee who is a senior administrator (i.e., President, Chancellor, Vice President, Vice Chancellor, Provost, Associate Provost, Dean); or
- An employee reporting directly to a President or Executive Officer in an executive capacity; or
- An employee who serves as director of a unit and is accountable for the unit's budget; formulates and recommends program direction.