Distinguished Scholar Award
The Distinguished Scholar Award recognizes faculty who have made outstanding contributions in the areas of research, creativity, or other scholarly activities. The award comes with a $1,500 prize.
Who is eligible:
All UM faculty. Creative and scholarly activities, basic research, and applied research will be given equal consideration.
Who may nominate:
Deans, department chairs, and faculty members.
- completed nomination form.
The total scholarly contributions of the individual will be considered with respect to:
- the quality and number of publications, and other forms of scholarship presentation;
- direction of graduate students' research and their accomplishments;
- honors, awards, and published comments on the validity and importance of the scholarship;
- letters of support from other scholars in the discipline;
- a record of receiving outside financial support, with particular emphasis on the nature of the projects and the selection process.
Send nominations and documentation to:
University Research and Creativity Committee
c/o Office of the Vice President for Research and Development
University Hall 116
Professor, Division of Biological Sciences
Previous recipients include Anya Jabour, Ed Rosebnberg, F. Richard Hauer, Andrij Holian, Stewart Justman, James Sears, and Ragan Callaway.