Distinguished Scholar Award
The Distinguished Scholar Award recognizes faculty who have made outstanding contributions in the areas of research, creativity, or other scholarly activities. The award comes with a $1,000 prize.
Who is eligible:
All UM faculty. Creative and scholarly activities, basic research, and applied research will be given equal consideration.
Who may nominate:
Deans, department chairs, and faculty members.
- A nomination form will be posted soon for the 2017 UM Employee Recognition Day Awards.
The total scholarly contributions of the individual will be considered with respect to:
- the quality and number of publications, and other forms of scholarship presentation;
- direction of graduate students' research and their accomplishments;
- honors, awards, and published comments on the validity and importance of the scholarship;
- letters of support from other scholars in the discipline;
- a record of receiving outside financial support, with particular emphasis on the nature of the projects and the selection process.
Submit nomination using Submittable:
Kari Harris, School of Public and Community Health Sciences
Final selection is by UM's University Research and Creativity Committee
Professor, Department of Mathematical Sciences