MISSOULA – The University of Montana Homecoming Parade proudly returns for 2022 Homecoming Week, Sept. 21-24, after a two-year hiatus.
The UM Alumni Association promises this year’s parade – although with a modified route because of construction on the Beartracks (Higgins Avenue) Bridge – will be a festive celebration of all things Griz.
“This year’s theme, ‘Might of Montana,’ is exceptionally fitting given UM’s outstanding accomplishments and growth throughout the last year,” said alumni Director LeAnn Meyer. “We can’t wait to welcome alumni and friends back to campus to gather for a week of events that celebrate our rich traditions and ignite the Griz spirit for all.”
The following events are sponsored by the UM Alumni Association during Homecoming Week. Each event is open to the public, and media are invited to attend.
- Hello Walk on Sept. 21 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. The Hello Walk will take place on-campus in front of Turner Hall.
- Griz on Tap on Sept. 22 from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. Griz on Tap will take place at Cranky Sam Public House at 233 W. Main St.
- Distinguished Alumni Award Ceremony and panel discussion on Sept. 23 at 5:30 p.m. This event will take place at the University Center Ballroom.
- Yell Night Pep Rally on Sept. 23 at 8 p.m. The Yell Night Pep Rally will take place on the UM Oval and feature the UM Marching Band, Grizzly Football team with Coach Bobby Hauck, Singing on the Steps and lighting of the M.
- Homecoming Parade on Sept. 24 at 10 a.m. Staging will be at the Missoula County Fairgrounds, and the parade will move east from Sentinel High School, along South Avenue, to south campus and Dornblaser field.
UM’s annual Homecoming football game will kick off at 2 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 24, when the Griz take on Portland State in Washington-Grizzly Stadium.
Contact: LeAnn Meyer, UM Alumni Association director, 406-243-5258, email@example.com.