Sexual harassment and sexual violence are a national problem on college campuses. At UM, we work together to make our campus a safe place. That's why we offer Bystander Intervention Training. In this training, students learn important strategies and techniques that can help stop this kind of violence before it happens.
This training session contains triggers related to sexual assault and relationship violence. Please contact SARC if you are a survivor and need support. We can assist with removing the administrative hold so you will not have to take the training. If you need support please call 243-4429
There will be limited offerings during Summer 2021 (May-July). Please register and attend a training as soon as possible.
Due to COVID 19, in-person Bystander Intervention trainings are offered over Zoom.
Please follow the instructions below to register for a training:
- Please register as soon as possible for a training to ensure you receive the confirmation email. Registering 5-10 minutes right before a training may not be sufficient to complete the process; thus, you may not be able to join the training.
- Click the link of the listed date and time.
- In the new window, enter your name and your UM student email account correctly. Participants will not be permitted into the training if they register with other email accounts (e.g. gmail, hotmail, icloud, etc.). Your email should be in one of these formats: FirstName.LastName@umontana.edu or email@example.com. (If you are faculty or staff, you can use your @umontana.edu or @mso.umt.edu email.)
- After registering with your UM email, you will receive a confirmation email with the passcode and more important instructions.
- If you would like to request a disability related accommodation for this training please contact firstname.lastname@example.org