The Honors Living Learning Community is available to incoming new students that have applied and been accepted to the Davidson Honors College. While these students do not have to be enrolled in one specific course together, they will have common shared classes by being in the Davidson Honors College. First-year students will take Ways of Knowing and Intro to Honors together as new students in the Davidson Honors College.
Additionally, the Resident Assistants on the 2nd and 3rd floors of Knowles Hall are upper-class students that are members of the Davidson Honors College. This allows the RAs to assist students in the community with specific needs based on being a Davidson Honors College student.
Programs & Events
Programs for this community have included:
- Presidential Lecture Series – Tim O’Brien Lecture
- Service Saturdays through the Office of Civic Engagement in the Honors College
- Essay writing workshops
- Trick or Treat so Missoula Eats
- Honors Convocation
The Honors Living Learning Community is located in Knowles Hall. Female residents live on the East wings of 2nd and 3rd floors and male residents live on the West wings of the 2nd and 3rd floors.
How to Apply
To qualify to live in the Honors LLC, students must apply and be accepted to the Davidson Honors College. In order to be eligible for the Honors LLC, students must complete their housing application by April 1st with the Honors LLC preference indicated. We will accommodate Honors LLC requests on applications submitted after April 1st only if there is room.
To Change Application Preferences:
Prior to April 1st, if a student has already applied to housing and is interested in this community, they can update their LLC preferences in their application in their myHousingPortal as long as it is before room assignments for the following fall have begun.
Room assignments for the following fall generally begin in April of the preceding spring. Once assignments begin, you are not able to update your application yourself.
- If you are assigned a room - changing your application preferences will not change your room assignment. If you are interested in moving into the LLC after you have already been assigned a room for the fall semester you will need to sign up on the summer waitlist which will be available in your myHousingPortal. The summer waitlist generally opens on May 1st.
- If you have not been assigned - you can contact Casey Cronin to see if we can update your LLC preferences before you are assigned a room. Please note that once room assignments begin in April they are done on a continuous basis. If you are wanting to update your preferences and have not been assigned, contact our office right away so we can try to update your request before the next round of assignments are made.
Contact for Additional Information
For additional information about the Honors Living Learning Community, please contact John Nugent, Assistant Director of UM Housing.