A department's unit standards, in conjunction with the collective bargaining agreement (CBA), provide performance standards and expectations for the faculty.
- Each department's current unit standards are posted on the Department Reports page.
As required by the CBA, Unit Standards are revised every five years in a process that involves review by the Dean, the Unit Standards Committee, and the Provost. Unit standards for Missoula College are presented to the Dean and then the Provost for approval.
Unit Standards Review Process:
Step 1: Departmental Discussion (BEFORE APRIL 30)
- Department creates/revises their unit standards document
- Chair approves and signs, then submits to Dean
- Instructions for Departments
Step 2: Submission for Review (BY SEPTEMBER 30)
- Dean approves and signs
- Chair submits electronic copy of standards to Office of the Provost BY SEPTEMBER 30
Step 3: Revision Process
- Unit Standards Committee reviews unit standards and requests revisions
- Department makes revisions and resubmits to the Office of the Provost
- Office of the Provost reviews standards and requests revisions
- Department makes revisions to document and resubmits electronically to Provost's office
- Upon final approval/signature of the Provost, the unit standards are posted and go into effect 12 months later