Each academic unit maintains a set of unit standards. A department's unit standards, in conjunction with the collective bargaining agreement (CBA), provide performance standards and expectations for the faculty.
As required by the CBA, Unit Standards are revised every five years in a process that involves review by the Dean, the Unit Standards Committee, and the Provost. Unit standards for Missoula College are presented to the Dean and then the Provost for approval.
Unit Standards Review Process:
Step 1: Departmental Discussion
- department creates/revises their unit standards document
Step 2: Submission for Review (BY OCTOBER 30)
- chair signs the paper signature page and sends to the dean for approval/signature
- upon dean approval, chair submits electronic copy of standards to Office of the Provost BY NOVEMBER 30
- Unit Standards Committee reviews the standards and then sends to the Provost for review
Step 3: Revision Process
- the Unit Standards Committee reviews the standards and may ask the department for revisions
- the department makes revisions and resubmits to the Office of the Provost
- the Office of the Provost will review and may ask the department for revisions
- if revisions are requested by either the Unit Standards Committee or the Provost, revise and resubmit to the appropriate reviewer
- upon final approval/signature of the Provost, the unit standards are posted and go into effect 12 months later
Each department's current unit standards are posted on the Department Reports page.