International Partnerships Assistant
This position provides an exciting opportunity to gain experience in International Partnership Agreement management in the Education Abroad Office. This position will enhance individual skills in interpersonal communication, database management, public speaking, and writing. This is a paid Work Study position.
Essential Job Functions
- Develop and maintain UM International Partnership Database.
- Assist with administrative processes with UM International Partnership agreements.
- Prepare materials for International Committee meetings.
- Keep International Committee meeting minutes.
- Work on other projects assigned.
- Develop skills in a professional work environment.
- Enhance leadership, teamwork, and communication skills.
- Have a chance to use the knowledge of international matters and cross-cultural communication acquired from your own study abroad experience.
- Have the opportunity to work with individuals around the campus, including faculty, staff, and students.
- Experience an exciting, challenging, and rewarding job in a fast paced, cross-cultural setting.
- Gain concrete experience to put on your resume.
- May earn UM credits.
- Earn $9.00 per hour
- Be a UM student currently enrolled in an undergraduate/graduate degree program at UM, and be in good academic and judicial standing.
- Must have Work Study.
- Must be available to work at least 15 hours a week.
- Must enthusiastically and accurately promote the concept of international education to UM students, faculty, and staff.
- Have a high level of written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to effectively manage time, prioritize work, and multitask across multiple assignments.
- Be detail oriented, highly organized and resourceful.
- Experience with building and managing databases.
- Knowledge of Access and Excel software.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled! Regular shifts will be throughout the Spring semester, and will start once applicant has been interviewed and accepted.
For full consideration, complete the Education Abroad Work Study Application and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include a resume and cover letter of no more than 500 words.
Please e-mail email@example.com if you have any questions.