Move-in Through the Years
Move-In Volunteers Needed
Faculty, staff, administrators, fellow students, student groups, and student athletes are needed for move-in to welcome new and returning Griz to campus! Assist our incoming students with parking, welcoming, providing directions and information, and helping them move their belongings into their residence halls. Students will be given the option to ship their items prior to move-in this year so volunteers should spend more time welcoming, providing information, and directing traffic than on moving in belongings. Volunteers are needed:
- Monday, August 23 from 8:00 am to 8:00 pm
All volunteers that commit to at least two hours will receive a free meal in the Food Zoo and a Move-In Crew t-shirt (signing up to volunteer by July 23 guarantees your desired size).
- Be prompt to shifts
- Wear either a Move-in t-shirt or button provided during your shift (if opting to wear a button volunteers should wear Griz colors)
- Speak positively about the University of Montana, UM Housing, and all student organizations
- Proactively welcome and assist students and families during move-in
- Answer questions and provide basic information about UM and Missoula to students and families
Contact Melissa Neidigh with any questions.