Integrative Physiology and Athletic Training Scholarships
School of Integrative Physiology and Athletic Training
2023/2024 Scholarship Information
Please Note: There are two separate groups of scholarships listed below: 1) Integrative Physiology and Health and Human Performance and, 2) Athletic Training. Integrative Physiology and Health and Human Performance scholarships are listed first. Scroll down to access Athletic Training scholarships.
Integrative Physiology and Health and Human Performance Scholarships
To apply for the three (3) following IPAT/HHP specific scholarships students must first complete the University of Montana General Scholarship application that is available here: UM Scholarship Portal
Once the general application has been completed you will be able to select any of the following awards that are available to IPAT students only.
Please contact Matt Bundle (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any additional questions or concerns.
*Submission deadline (IPAT/HHP): 5:00 pm Friday, April 7th 2023
Patricia A. Nygaard Memorial Scholarship ($3900)
One annual scholarship to University of Montana undergraduate students in the School of Integrative Physiology and Athletic Training who at the time of application, have junior or senior standing during the full academic year and are majoring in Integrative Physiology and Athletic Training.
- Applicants must submit: 1- a letter of recommendation from a professor attesting to the applicant’s character, compassion and integrity, 2- a personal statement detailing why they warrant consideration for the award. Recipients must have a minimum GPA of 3.2.
Shamus McCarthy Memorial Scholarship ($500)
A scholarship for University of Montana undergraduate students in the School of Integrative Physiology and Athletic Training, awarded according on the following criteria: must be a junior or senior majoring in IPAT with an aspiration to pursue advanced study in medicine or healthcare. Recipients should be self-motivated role models who are conscientious, selfless and passionate about learning with a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Applicants must submit a personal statement detailing why they warrant consideration for the award.
Adrienne Corti Memorial Scholarship ($500)
A scholarship to assist with the tuition of the Aerie Backcountry Medicine course. University of Montana undergraduate or graduate students in the School of Integrative Physiology and Athletic Training are eligible to apply, according to the following guidelines: juniors, seniors or graduate students in good standing who are enrolled in an Aerie Backcountry Medicine course. Preference shall be given to students working towards a bachelor's in Integrative Physiology or master's degree in Health and Human Performance.
- Applicants must submit a personal statement detailing how the Backcountry Medicine credential will support their career plan.
Athletic Training Scholarships
To apply for the three (3) following Athletic Training specific scholarships students must follow the requirements detailed below and submit their materials to this Qualtrics link: Athletic Training Scholarship Materials
Please contact Mitch Willert (email@example.com) with any additional questions or concerns.
Submission deadline (AT): 5:00 pm Friday, March 17th, 2023
Below you will find instructions for successfully applying. Your application will be completed on online, it is suggested to create a draft document answering questions from the online form prior to starting the online submission process.
Naseby and Evelyn Rhinehart Scholarship ($1250)
Recipient must be accepted in a CAATE (Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education) entry-level master's program that concludes with a master's degree and must have a cumulative overall GPA of at least 3.0 for the prior 40 credits of his or her undergraduate courses and all of his or her entry-level master's courses with at least one academic year remaining in the master's program. Recipient must also be a member of NATA (National Athletic Trainers' Association) and must have performed with distinction in his or her academic program and institution, athletic training duties/assignments, academic coursework and in community service.
Montana Athletic Training Scholarship ($1000)
Recipients must be accepted/enrolled in the Masters of Athletic Training program and demonstrate financial need as determined by the Financial Aid Office or its equivalent in existence at the time of the award. Preference shall be given to first-year Masters of Athletic Training students (to be enrolled as a first year student for the award year).
Mellor Family Athletic Training Scholarship ($1000)
The Fund will provide scholarships to University of Montana undergraduate or graduate students in the School of Integrative Physiology and Athletic Training according to the following guidelines:
- For undergraduate students: Students studying Integrative Physiology with a Pre-Athletic Training concentration who have a minimum GPA of 3.0 or higher. Preference must be given to students with financial need as determined by the Financial Aid Office or equivalent in existence at the time of the award.
- For graduate students: Students studying Athletic Training who have a minimum GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Preference must be given to students with financial need as determined by the Financial Aid Office or equivalent.
Each applicant shall submit the following for consideration:
- An essay describing his or her interest in pursuing the athletic training certification, how he or she plans to use the certification in future endeavors and how the Naseby and Evelyn Rhinehart Athletic Training Scholarship will be of benefit to him or her and/or others;
- Unofficial transcripts of all college and university work
- Two or three letters of reference;
- List of activities, volunteer service, awards and accomplishments
Application Material Overview
Due Date (including letters of support): 5:00pm Friday, March 17th
The following should be prepared prior to submission:
- NATA number (if available) and List of activities and awards
- Calculated GPAs and PDF of unofficial transcripts
- Application Essay
- Contact information for Letters of Support
* Once all materials are compiled, please submit with the following link: Athletic Training Scholarship Materials
Activities and Awards
If a member, provide your National Athletic Trainers Association number. This number is provided to all current members and can be located on your NATA account. Be prepared to list related activities, volunteer service, awards, and/or accomplishments.
Unofficial Transcripts and GPA
Be prepared to download an unofficial copy of your undergraduate transcripts and graduate transcripts if applicable. Be prepared to provide your overall undergraduate GPA, overall graduate GPA, and GPA of the last 40 credits of undergraduate and/or graduate courses.
Applicant Essay (3000 Character Limit)
Be prepared to submit an essay in which you describe: your interest in pursuing the AT certification, how you plan to use this certification in future endeavors, and how this scholarship will benefit you or others.
Letters of Support
You are required to have two to three letters of support submitted prior to the due date listed above. These letters of support should be written by professionals that can write to your academic or clinical experiences. References will be asked to submit a statement of support, years of knowing you, and in what setting. You will be asked to submit an email link to contact references for any further clarifications. Please provide your references with the following link: Qualtrics Letter of Support