Submitting a Recital Program
Health & Safety
UM Academic Calendar
Facilities Rental Form
Master of Music with Emphasis on Composition
|MUSI 500 or 551||Performance Study||2|
|MUSI 520||Research in Music||2|
|MUSI 554||Analytical Techniques I||3|
|MUSI 555||Analytical Techniques II||3|
|MUSI 593||Professional Project||2|
|Graduate level courses||Music Technology||4|
|Graduate level courses||Music History||4|
|Graduate level electives||Music or Non-Music||4|
|Total Credits for Graduation||30|
- Electives are chosen in consultation with the major advisor.
- Independent study may be substituted for required courses with the approval of the major advisor and the faculty member directing the study.
- At least 50% of the program must be at 500-600 level.
- In addition to the above graduate courses, three (3) credits of ensemble participation are required.
- A Comprehensive Oral Exam must be passed after the completion of the professional project.
- The professional project will present at least one work using music technology as a compositional tool.
- Consult the Graduate Catalog for additional graduation requirements and procedures.