Undergraduate Degrees in German

We offer both a major and a minor in German, each of which is available as a standard degree or with a teaching emphasis. 

If you have successfully completed two or more semesters of High School German, we recommend that you take the Placement Exam  to help determine the level at which you may want to begin.

The Upper-division Writing Expectation must be met by successfully completing an upper-division writing course from the approved list in the General Education Requirements section of the University catalog. 

Major & Minor Requirements

UM Course Catalog

Teaching Preparation Emphasis

Students majoring or minoring in German may also choose a Teaching Preparation Emphasis.