- AIR Form
- Budget Template
- Cash Deposits
- Checklist (E-Prop)
- Collaboration Letter
- Cost Allowability Confirmation
- Cost Sharing
- Third Party Contributions
- University Matching Funds
- Cost Transfer (Cost Allocation Correction)
- Determination of Subrecipient/Contracted Services
- Export Control Review
- F&A Cost Waiver Request
- Federal Per Diem Travel Advance
- Fly America Act
- Guidelines for Student/Participant Payments
- NIH Assurance
- Participant Support
- Payment of Award to Student
- Research Base Request
- Research Faculty Agreement (Unfunded)
- Subrecipient Commitment Form
- Stipend Request
- Third Party Contributions
- Time Sheet for Monthly Grant Funded Employees
- University Matching Funds
- Cost transfer (non-paryoll)
If using DocuSign forms, begin the process by filling in the recipients using umontana.edu aliases for all UM emails.
- Not all umontana aliases are first.last, so refer to the ORSP Directory or UM's online directory.
- The first time recipients attempt to sign, they will be required to adopt a signature and may upload a personal signature (such as a jpg), create one with a stylus, or use a pre-formatted DocuSign signature.
- Preparers may check on the routing status by logging to DocuSign with their umontana alias and clicking "Continue." At the next screen, select "Use Company Login." This will them to UM's Single Sign On page where they'll log in with your NetID and password. When logged in, they'll use the upper navigation to "Documents" to see the form routing workflow.
- Others may view recipient list or check on the routing status by clicking on the link in the email and, from the DocuSign page, go to Other Actions, and then View History.
AIR Form via DocuSign - Begin the DocuSign process by filling in the recipients. Use umontana.edu aliases for all UM emails. Reference the image if needed for clarity.
|Click here to log in to E-Prop:|
E-Prop provides web-based routing and approval for the University community. It does not interface with any sponsor submission platforms. Required attachments include a budget, budget narrative, and scope of work, all of which may be in draft (close-to-final) form.
If you have questions using E-Prop, refer to the Help Tab within E-Prop, or contact your departmentally-assigned pre-award point-of-contact for assistance.
Refer to the Internal Notice Required for Proposal Submission to determine how much time is required by ORSP for processing your proposal.
Additional funding? Refer to this determination chart to see whether or not an e-prop is required.
The Cost Allowability Confirmation is used for Federal and Federal flow-through funds: This request is used during proposal preparation to document the appropriateness of direct charging costs that are normally considered F&A costs (general use items routinely purchased/provided by the University) on projects with federal and federal flow-through funding. See Cost Determination Guidelines
Cost Allowability Confirmation via DocuSign - Begin the DocuSign process by filling in the recipients. Use umontana.edu aliases for all UM emails. Reference the image if needed for clarity.
An ORSP Cost Transfer corrects an cost allocation error involving a grant index and moves an expenditure from one index number to another, regardless of sources of funds. Refer to ORSP Procedures.
Payroll Cost Transfer
A Payroll Cost Transfer Transfer cannot be used in any circumstances that would result in an increase or decrease of an employee's pay. This type of transaction must be corrected with an HRS Request for Personnel Transaction (RPT) via U-Approve.
- Payroll Cost Transfer via DocuSign - Begin the DocuSign process by filling in the recipients. Use umontana.edu aliases for all UM emails. Reference the image if needed for clarity. Only include supervisor recipients if the cost transfer is over $1,000 or over 90 days.
- Payroll - Note that a Payroll Cost Transfer cannot be used in any circumstances that would result in an increase or decrease of an employee's pay. This type of transaction must be corrected with an HRS Request for Personnel Transaction (RPT) via U-Approve.
Nonpayroll Cost Transfer
Determination of Subrecipient/Contracted Services - this form can assist in the distinction between a vendor and a subrecipient.
Completion of this form is unnecessary if sponsor documentation limits F&A recovery.
Unless the project totals $10,000 or less, requests for full or partial waiver of F&A recovery require approval by the chair/director, dean, and vice president for research via the E-Prop submission platform.
Use the OPAS to 1) establish index prior to receipt of formal award document, 2) pre-award spending; 3) budget change, 4) add carryforward; and 5) no cost time extension. See Award Management Tips for DRAs for more information about budget revisions and time extensions and the Expanded Authority matrix.
Request for Research Base per the Guidelines for Research Base Salaries - Begin the DocuSign process by filling in the recipients. Use umontana.edu aliases for all UM emails. Reference the image if needed for clarity.
Stipend Request via DocuSign - Begin the DocuSign process by filling in the recipients. Use umontana.edu aliases for all UM emails. Reference the image if needed for clarity.
Since HRS requires the time sheet to be submitted prior to the end of the month (about the 20th), a time sheet is often submitted that often needs to be adjusted the next month. When paid from grant funds, such adjustments may require payroll cost transfers and adjustments to effort reporting.
This monthly time sheet runs from the 16th through the 15th so that the recording/reporting of labor distribution can be accurately recorded/reported and then fed into an RPT. This is only a recording tool; payroll will not be impacted. If someone is hired early in a month, simply reflect that in the first half of a time sheet (through the 15th) and use a new time sheet to then reflect the 16th through the 15th; similarly, at the end of the fiscal year, reflect May 16th through June 15th then June 16th through June 30th in one sheet and July 1st through July 15th in a second sheet so that recording is accurate. Begin a new time sheet July 16th.