A Message from the Director
First off, let me thank you for taking the time to look at the School of Theatre & Dance at the University of Montana. I am all too aware of the many different and difficult choices with which students are faced when choosing a school as well as an area of study. In today’s climate, the arts are often overlooked as viable career paths--but in reality, the arts are more vibrant and integral to society than ever before. The skills and training you will acquire in the arts will prepare you for life in a way you may not have even yet realized. Today’s job market requires creativity, problem solving, communication, teamwork, and confidence. Today’s world requires commitment, passion, and a depth of understanding that the digital age often overlooks. Today’s society needs individuals who know how to say what cannot be said. The arts teach these skills. Theatre and dance require these skills. Studying at the University of Montana, you will learn that our program embraces the ideals of creating competent, talented artists who can affect positive change in our world. To quote Henry David Thoreau, “Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined.” We are ready to help you in your journey.
Director, School of Theatre & Dance
- Mother Courage and Her Children, March 10-21: on demand
- Farewell: Festival of Original One-Acts, March 17-28: on demand
- ACDA Benefit Dance Party, tentatively March 28-April 11: on demand
- Welcome to the Void: An Original Musical, April 7-18: on demand
- Dance New Works, April 21-May 2: on demand (one-night only live drive-in performance, April 10: details TBD)