Apply for your Veteran Education Benefits and have your benefits certified for payment of college costs at the Bitterroot College. To ensure that your veterans education benefits disburse in time for the first week of college classes, start this process at least eight weeks prior to the start of the college semester. If you need assistance with the VONAPP, contact the UM VETS Office at (406) 243-4744 or email@example.com
- Fill out the Veterans Online Application (VONAPP) to apply for veterans education benefits
- Follow the process to apply for admission to the Bitterroot College
- Receive your education benefits eligibility letter in the mail (takes about 2 weeks from VONAPP submission date)
- Receive your college acceptance letter in the mail (takes about 2 weeks from college application submission date)
- Meet with Bitterroot College Academic Advisor Lea Guthrie to register for college courses
- Contact Lea at (406) 375-0100 or firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an advising appointment
- Bring your education benefits eligibility letter and your college acceptance letter to your advising appointment
- At advising appointment, receive printout of college schedule and college bill
- Submit your Notification of Intent to Use GI Bill Benefits (use NetID and Password to login to record system)
Veterans Upward Bound
Veterans Upward Bound (VUB) is a U.S. Department of Education program which provides funding and programming to help eligible U.S. military veterans gain and refresh essential skills so that they can successfully compete for jobs, start college, or simply improve their lives.
For more information on Montana's Veterans Upward Bound program and its online offerings, visit www.vubmt.com.
Valley Veterans Service Center
217 N 3rd Street, Suite L, Hamilton, MT 59840
Mike Warner, (406) 363-9838