Memberships & Services
The University of Montana offers Campus Recreation memberships to the University of Montana community. All Campus Recreation members must have a valid Griz Card to access the facilities and participate in Campus Recreation programs. Each price listed below is per person. We do not offer family or group rates. Montana State Law prohibits the University of Montana from selling community residents, outside of the defined University Community, public memberships to the UM Fitness and Recreation Center.
The University community includes the following groups:
|UM Students *||
UM Employees, UM Affiliate Employees, Spouse/Partner, and Dependents
|UM Retired Employee and Spouse of UM Retiree||
Guest passes for day or week access to the Fitness & Recreation Center are also available with a valid sponsor.
Campus Recreation membership includes access to and use of:
- Fitness and Recreation Center
- Grizzly Pool
- Intramural Sports
- Outdoor Programs (trips, classes, equipment rental, bike/ski maintenance workshop)
- Fitness classes, personal training and programs offered in the Fitness and Recreation Center
- Climbing Wall
How to Join Campus Recreation
Part-Time, MSU Nursing & Missoula College Students
Non-Student Payment Options
Membership by Term
Members of the University community are eligible to join Campus Recreation for a minimum of one month. A term begins the day you sign up for membership. For example, if you join Campus Recreation for three months on September 12, your term will end on December 12. Visit the front desk of the Fitness & Recreation Center to sign up or call (406) 243-2802 for more information.
UM employees who have a NetIDs manage their Campus Recreation memberships using the Online Portal. Click on the "Online Portal" tab on the top of the site, click on the "Memberships" tab, sign in using your current NetID and password and continue the process by selecting a membership and payment option that works for you.
Dependent (Spouse/Partner, Child)
Dependents are spouses and children of UM employees, students and campus or faculty affiliates.
- If you are a UM student sponsoring a dependent, submit the Student Dependent Form to Human Resource Services. Once that has been approved, the dependent will need to get a Griz Card.
- If you are a UM employee sponsoring a dependent, submit the Dependent Affiliates form to Human Resource Services. Once that has been approved, the dependent will need to get a Griz Card.
In determining eligibility for a Campus Recreation membership, a spouse/partner shall be defined as a person currently and legally married to a UM sponsor or a domestic partner, regardless of sex, who resides with the UM sponsor and shares expenses and responsibilities in a relationship of at least six months. The UM sponsor does not need to be a member of Campus Recreation in order for the spouse/partner to become a member.
Children must be between the ages of 5 and 18. Child dependent memberships cannot be sold to anyone under the age of 5 or over the age of 18 under any circumstances. For dependents ages 5 to 14, the parent or guardian must be a member, and the child must be under constant parental supervision. Children under the age of 15 are not allowed in the weight-room area or on the cardio equipment. Ages 15 to 18, parent or guardian does not need to be a member in order to purchase a Campus Recreation membership.
Membership Refund Policy
Elected memberships will not be refunded except in unusual, unforeseen circumstances. Each requested refund will be judged on a case-by-case basis. To request a refund, visit the front desk of the Fitness & Recreation Center to complete the appropriate paperwork. In accordance with University policy, the mandatory student fee cannot be refunded.
If you would like to cancel a membership that is paid through payroll deduction, please contact us at (406) 243-2802 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
A valid Griz Card is required for access to Campus Recreation facilities. Cards are non-transferable. Forgot your Griz Card? We offer a limited look-up service for access, provided the following information and policies are met:
- Provide your University identification number (790 #), and your first and last name to the front desk attendant.
- Campus Recreation membership information must be current and in good standing.
- Griz Card status must not be Frozen or Lost/Stolen.
- Look-up/alternate access service is limited to three (3) times per semester.
- Delays may be experienced as other business takes precedence over our alternate access service.