Affiliate and Griz Visitors
The University of Montana has a process by which people working or studying at the University in an unofficial but closely associated manner may obtain access to a variety of University resources. The level of access to these resources is controlled through the approval process in the appropriate office as described below. There are two types of affiliation, Affiliates and Griz Visitors.
Will you be a Griz Visitor or Affiliate?
A Griz Visitor is associated with the University of Montana through some contractual, collaborative, or familial relationship that requires the use of a Griz Card, generally to access the UM Fitness and Recreation Center.
An Affiliate is associated with the University of Montana through some contractual or collaborative relationship that requires the use of a Griz Card and a NetID for online resources.
Types of Affiliates
Dependent Griz Visitors are associated with a currently registered student or current employee of UM through a familial relationship such as spouse, domestic partner or child.
- Approval office: Office of the Registrar
- Contact information: Office of the Registrar, 406-243-5600
- Application Form: Student Dependent Griz Visitor Form
- When using this form, please SIGN IN with your UMontana student email (i.e. email@example.com). Afterwards, you will be promoted to enter your NetID and password. You will receive a confirmation email when the form has been successfully submitted.
- Approval office: Human Resources Services
- Contact information: Human Resources Services, 406-243-6766
- Application Form: Dependent Affiliates & Griz Visitors
Obtaining a Griz Card
Once the Affiliate or Griz Visitor has completed the approval process and is entered in Banner with a University ID the person can obtain a Griz Card at the Griz Card office in the University Center.
Use of the Recreation Center
Campus Recreation membership includes access to the Fitness & Recreation Center, Grizzly Pool, Intramural Sports, Outdoor Programs (trips, classes and equipment rental), fitness classes, personal training and rock climbing wall. More on how to join may be found on the Campus Recreation website.
Accessing Network Services
Twenty four hours after the affiliate has completed the approval process and is entered in Banner with a University ID the person can utilize online services which include:
To access these services the NetID should be used for authentication purposes. More information on NetIDs and the associated password.
All Affiliates can go to CyberBear and set their UMontana alias to point to an email account of their choice in order to receive emergency emails. They can also enter a cell phone number to receive emergency text messages.