What We Do
Make good financial decisions early in your academic career so that you can spend reasonably, save responsibly and enjoy peace of mind about your finances!
We offer one-on-one financial counseling sessions as well as regularly scheduled workshops on a range of topics such as:
- FAFSA – file your FAFSA and understand your Financial Aid package
- Financial Aid Process – understand how federal aid works and examine your borrowing trends
- Loans – prevent over-borrowing and discuss what will happen to your loans after graduation
- Budgeting – balance long-term goals against short-term needs
- Credit – use credit wisely to build a strong credit score and pay off credit card debt
- Savings – ways to save, reach financial goals and prepare for financial emergencies
Schedule a free, private session with a staff member to discuss your questions! Call our scheduler (406-243-2800) to set up an appointment with a financial adviser. You can choose a 30 or 60 minute session. Phone appointments are also available. UM students can also schedule an appointment online through Navigate.
Video: A Guide to Financial Aid
Video: What is UM Financial Education?
UM Financial Education Program Lifts Students Toward Success
"After graduating ... I was overwhelmed with my combined graduate and undergraduate loans..., the loan amount and re-payment process felt overwhelming and defeating.
A professor told me about the Financial Education Program and I set an appointment to learn more. I left the meeting feeling calm, relieved, and back in control of my financial future! ...
I am so grateful for this service and the one-on-one guidance. It's such a relief to have someone assist, free of charge, in this scary and overwhelming process!
I have been telling all my fellow graduates to take advantage of the Financial Education Program!"
~UM Alumni, Masters of Public Administration
UM Financial Education Program Ranked in Nation
For four years in a row, UM Financial Education Program has ranked among the top 50 Financial Literacy Programs in the US. We are happy to supply the UM campus community with such excellent service, resources and information. Schedule your appointment with us now!
Click on a workshop's title to see more about that event, including its topic, time and location.