University Villages

University VillagesUniversity Villages are unfurnished apartments ranging in size from studios to four-bedroom apartments. Housing priority is given to students who are married, students who have dependent children, and students with disabilities. Single graduate and undergraduate students, as well as faculty and staff, may also live in University Villages.

All student residents of University Villages must be currently enrolled and are required to take a minimum of six credits per semester, with the exception of summer semester.

Apartments are offered based on, but not limited to, the following:

  • Priority 1) Students with families
  • Priority 2) Single students
  • Priority 3) UM faculty and staff
  • Priority 4) Current UV residents requesting transfer of unit

When you may apply

Applications for University Villages apartments are accepted at any time; however, you must be admitted to the University of Montana or Missoula College before housing can be assigned. The date indicated on the application as the earliest housing date wanted will affect your position on the waiting list. If a unit becomes available prior to the date you have indicated, you may not be offered that apartment; therefore, you will want to put down the earliest date you are willing to start paying rent on a unit.


University Villages are conveniently located on the South Campus of the University of Montana. University Villages are within close walking distance of the main campus and are a just a short drive or bus ride to Missoula College. The apartments are located between the 300 and 800 block of South Avenue East. and continue toward the main campus along Maurice (pronounced More-EES) Avenue at the base of Mount Sentinel.

The University Villages Office is open from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday-Friday. The office can also be reached at 406-243-6030.

Children living in University Villages are in Missoula School District #1, and therefore must attend one of the following schools: Paxson Elementary School or Lewis and Clark Elementary School, Washington Middle School and Sentinel High School. The Missoula Public Schools telephone number is 406-728-2400.

Services Available at UV

Bus Service

The University of Montana's Park-N-Ride stops at the corner of Arthur and Maurice and also in front of Toole Village. Mountain Line, Missoula's public transportation system, has two designated bus stops within University Villages. These buses service both the main UM campus and Missoula College.


The Associated Students of the University of Montana (ASUM) Child Care, Preschool and Family Resources offers affordable, quality care for your child while you attend the University of Montana. Serving UM students since 1970, ASUM Child Care provides quality early childhood care and education. Please see the ASUM Child Care website for more information.

Community Center

Located next to the UV Office, the Community Center has a large meeting room, kitchen and a barbecue area with a patio available for UV tenants. The Community Assistants host educational and social events for UV tenants and their families at the Community Center on a regular basis. The Community Center is open for UV tenants to use from 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. daily.

University Villages residents may rent the Community Center at a cost of $15/hour for private tenant gatherings (e.g., birthday parties, meetings, etc). For information or reservations, please contact Kareena Bargabos at 406-243-6030. 


Four laundry facilities are located within University Villages. Wash houses are locked 24/7 and residents have access through a laundry card. Laundry cards can be checked out at the University Villages Office.


University Villages employs a full-time maintenance staff. Our on-site staff paint, clean and repair/replace any damaged items in your apartment prior to your arrival. In addition, our staff is able to respond to any maintenance problems that arise. Please report any needed repairs to the University Villages Office at 406-243-6030.


Police Officers from UM Police Department patrol University Villages regularly. If you would like to report an emergency to UM Police, call 406-243-4000. For other questions or concerns, please call 406-243-6131.


In addition to our regular office and maintenance staff, we provide Community Assistants that are available after regular office hours. These staff members will assist you with lockouts, minor maintenance problems in your apartments and programming activities, and they are a great resource for campus and community information.