Rent is charged by the month and is due on the 1st day of each month. A $25.00 late fee will be assessed if rent is not paid on time.
Paying Rent in Advance
Rent can be paid in advance by requesting future months of rent to be charged to your student account. Please submit the Advance Rent Request Form if you would like to pay future months of rent. If paying with the UM Housing Office, future rent must be requested at least one business day before you plan to pay in order to add the charges to your student account. If you plan to pay with financial aid, future rent must be requested before refunds are issued for the semester. Future rent requests after refunds have been issued will need to be paid with the UM Housing Office once you have received your refund.
July 2021 - June 2022
All rates include cable TV, water, garbage, and sewer. Tenants are responsible for telephone service and Internet.
(all utilities included)
(tenant pays heat & electricity)
|K. Ross Toole Village
(tenant pays heat & electricity)
|4 Bedrooms||$1,141||Not Available||Not Available|
|2 Bed - Townhouse||Not Available||Not Available||$945|
|3 Bed - Townhouse||Not Available||Not Available||$1,070|
|Type||# of Occupants||Studio||1 Bedroom||2 Bedroom||3 Bedroom||4 Bedroom|
|Family||5 - 8||X||X|
If you have questions concerning the occupancy guidelines, please contact Jacqui Robinson at (406) 243-6030.
The University of Montana assumes no financial responsibility over the personal property of residents nor will the institution be financially responsible for large-scale, unintentional damage caused to university property by on-campus residents, such as a fire or sprinkler-head flood.
GradGuard Renters Insurance is a smart investment for college students and their families. With the GradGuard Renters Insurance plan, personal items that are stolen or damaged by a covered cause of loss can be replaced, subject to a $100 deductible. GradGuard Renters Insurance also protects students financially from large scale, unintentional damage they may cause to their residence hall or bodily injury they may cause to others for which they are legally liable.
Features of GradGuard Renters Insurance for the University of Montana students include:
- Low $100.00 Deductible. Compared to $500, $1000, or more for a typical homeowner’s insurance policy
- Replacement Cost. If your personal property is stolen or damaged due to a covered peril, it will be replaced with an item of like kind and quality.
- Worldwide coverage – Your personal belongings are protected even away from campus.
- Electronics coverage – Your electronics, including your TV, laptop, smartphone and tablet, are covered up to the policy limits.
- Personal Liability Coverage. If you cause damage to university property or injure others, you may be liable for the damages. Renters Insurance from GradGuard provides up to $300,000 in personal liability coverage. For example, if you unintentionally set off your building’s sprinkler system, liability protection can help pay for the resulting damages.
- Alternative to Homeowners Insurance. Not all Homeowners Insurance policies are the same. Limitations may apply when property is away from the principal residence and some. Unlike Homeowners Insurance, your premium will not increase if you make a claim on the policy.
GradGuard Renters Insurance is underwritten by Markel American Insurance Company, Waukesha, WI. The advertised product is not available in AK, CT, and RI. Other program options are available for these states. Claims and coverage subject to policy, language, limits and exclusions.
If you refuse an apartment when assigned, your application will be cancelled. If you refuse any apartment after you have accepted the apartment, the application is cancelled and the entire deposit forfeited. A $350.00 cancellation fee will be charged to your student account. Failure to pick up keys on the assigned move in date and not notifying the University Villages Office of the delay, along with nonpayment of the prorated rent, are all terms of forfeiting the apartment.