Human Resource Services processes payroll for all University of Montana employees. University payroll is on a biweekly pay schedule, as follows:
- Pay periods are two weeks in length and extend from Saturday to Friday.
- Payday is on alternate Wednesdays, 12 days after the end of the pay period.
- When payday falls on a holiday, pay distribution will occur on the day before.
- Employees may elect to receive their pay via a paper check or direct deposit.
Paper checks will be mailed to the employee at the mailing address on record in Cyberbear. See the link on the right for instructions on updating your mailing address in Cyberbear.
UM employees may request that their payroll be deposited directly into a bank account with any U.S. financial institution by completing and submitting a Direct Deposit form (see link on right). Note that minimally the first check after submitting your Direct Deposit form requires pre-note processing to confirm that the bank and account numbers are correct. Because of this there will be one paper check issued for the pay period following the submission of the Direct Deposit form.
Paystubs are accessible on the Employee Dashboard in Cyberbear (www.cyberbear.umt.edu). You can log onto Cyberbear using your employee Net ID and password. See the link on the right for instructions on how to log-on and access paystubs in Cyberbear. If you have trouble, contact Information Technology for assistance at 406-243-HELP.
When an employee terminates from UM, the final wage payment is issued in the next regular pay period that includes their final working day. Based on the option selected on the Separation form, final wage payment will be mailed to the address on record in Cyberbear or direct deposited, provided the employee has an active Direct Deposit established.
- Direct Deposit Forms
- Mailing Address - How to update in Cyberbear
- Non-Resident/Foreign National
Information for foreign students who wish to study in the United States, including vital information about Visa types, NAFTA, taxation, Verification of Work Authorization, INS and Alien/Citizen definitions.
- Pay Schedules
- Paystubs - How to access in Cyberbear
- Student PayrollStudent payroll FAQs, hiring forms, employment Information and additional management resources.