Alumni and Giving
Working in service to society throughout Montana, the West, the nation and the world, our graduates have served in many roles. For example, they have served as justices of the United States Circuit Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit, federal district courts and the Montana Supreme Court and as the deans of law schools at USC, Duke and New York University. They have also been governors and attorneys general of Montana, members of Congress, Clerk of the United States Supreme Court and President of the American Bar Association.
We are proud of our School of Law alumni. Wherever your legal career may take you, we invite you to stay engaged with the School of Law and our community.
Subscribe to the Barrister eBrief and stay connected by keeping your contact and professional information up to date. We would be thrilled to welcome you to our alumni and reunion weekend and other events around Montana and across the country. We also offer Continuing Legal Education (CLE) credit through much of our programming.
The law school’s founding began with a donation of law books. Since then, the generosity and partnership of dedicated alumni and friends has been vital to our success.
Donor support impacts the law school and our students in significant ways, for example:
- Named scholarships help us recruit a capable student body and help our graduates pursue impactful careers without the burden of student debt.
- Donations toward experiential learning opportunities from a National Moot Court competition in New York to a comparative law course in China shape our students’ values and career trajectories.
- In the mid-2000s, gifts toward our new building established an inspiring study environment and were critical to maintaining the law school’s national accreditation.
Collectively, private support fuels the rigorous learning experiences and tight-knit community that make our law school the extraordinary place it is today.
To learn more about meaningful ways you could give back to the law school and support our students, contact Erin Keenan at email@example.com.
- Become a mentor to a law student
- Join law students for an alumni lunch to discuss your career path, or
- Participate as a panelist in a career development panel
We also welcome donations to our Professional Clothing Closet.