Donate to the Mansfield Library
Since 1895, the Maureen and Mike Mansfield Library has been the hub for student engagement and enrichment. One hundred twenty-five years later, the library continues to impact student success and support their informational, educational and cultural development as global citizens. None of this is possible without donor support!
Donors contribute to the library’s ability to change and meet the needs of UM faculty and students. Donor funding supports the library as it welcomes new students and assists the ongoing research efforts of returning students each semester. Your support directly impacts the student learning environment, creating inclusive spaces. Recently, floor to ceiling windows were added to the Library Commons. The project funded by library donors is now a favorite study space among students; the new windows provide an inspiring view of the UM campus.
While maintaining traditional library services, the Mansfield Library is actively expanding technology by offering WiFi, ebooks, computers, and digital media. Your support makes a critical difference each year in the ability of the Mansfield Library to adapt and be responsive to new needs in a rapidly changing information landscape.
Donors play a big role in supporting change within the library. Donor Impact:
Support Learning Spaces: library building facilities support high-tech group study as well as individual work, that create opportunities for scholarly performance through exhibition, collaborative engagement, performance, and publication.
Fund Information Portals: developing strong collections that align with the University’s academic programs, ensuring access to core books, journals, data, and other content across all formats (print, electronic) and for all users (undergraduate, graduate, faculty, and community).Help us provide the best for our students and faculty with a gift to the Mansfield Library.
Your gift could:
- Build a core collection of information resources about an emerging area of study
- Bring world-class presenters and exhibits to the library to inspire students
- Enhance and update library spaces to support 21st century learning and innovation
- Support an internship giving real-world experience to a student considering a library career
- Improve accessible technology and updates to technology in recording and video production studios
- Fund scholarships acknowledging and recognizing library student employees for their dedication
- Enrich employee professional development opportunities
Thank you for your support of the Mansfield Library and as always, Go Griz!
Interim Dean of Libraries