The Third RIVAS 2023 Conference
For information on the conference, registration and fees, follow the link - 2023 RIVAS Conference Information
The RIVAS conference is held to support the scholarship of Indigenous academics and speakers whose cultures help shape American linguistics, archeology and cultural anthropology, and in acknowledgment of the contributions of Indigenous Peoples globally people are invited to submit an abstract for a paper, or register to attend. Questions about abstract submissions can be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Micmac scholar Marie Battiste – Decolonizing Education: Nourishing the Learning Spirit,
Anthropology scholar H Russell Bernard – Completing the Gutenberg revolution: The power of print in language revitalization,
The Honorable Judge Tina Dion – Academia and the Unknown Roads Ahead
The RIVAS conferences aim to provide and promote:
- a venue for the exchange of ideas and constructive debate,
- a platform for rising Indigenous scholars to present their work and connect with a wider scholarly network,
- Indigenous points of view on current local and global phenomena, histories, and issues,
- discuss about and raise awareness on positive trends and obstacles that still hamper the participation of Indigenous scholars within an arena of global academic discourse,
- the exploration of past, present and future Indigenous experiences in both academic and non-academic contexts.
Times for open discussions with speakers constitute a fundamental component of the conference and will be made available to the public at specified times each day during the conference.
For questions about the history of the conference or the reason the conference was created contact email@example.com
For information on the work of the Indigenous federal nonprofit Host NSILC, see https://www.umt.edu/nsilc/
Links for information on the 2022 RIVAS Conference. Links for the 2022 Conference Program: Acknowledgements pgs1-3, Key Speakers pgs4-5, Abstracts pgs6-13, Bios pgs14-18, Bios pgs19-23, Speakers Schedule pgs 24-26, U Maine Speakers Schedule pg 27, Al-Quds Open University Palestine English booklet pgs 28-57, 2021 RIVA Program