Welcome to UM Sustainability
UM Sustainability represents the University of Montana's ongoing efforts to become socially, economically, and environmentally sustainable in our operations, classrooms, and facilities. Learn more about sustainability efforts underway across campus and how you can participate as a member of our campus community.
2022 Sustainability Awards
The Sustainable Campus Committee (SCC) is accepting nominations for the 2022 Sustainability Awards. Launched in 2004, these awards recognize individuals who contribute to UM's sustainability efforts by:
- helping reduce the University's carbon footprint
- incorporating sustainability into their curricula, service learning, and research
- supporting campus diversity
- helping to build a more ecologically aware and socially just campus community
- promoting and facilitating conservation efforts across campus (waste, water, energy, etc.)
- making sustainability fun, engaging, and inclusive
If you would like to nominate someone, please use our Google form and submit your nomination by Friday, April 1, 2022. Recipients will be announced at our Earth Week celebration during the week of April 18-22. Current SCC members are not eligible to receive an award.
We appreciate your interest in UM's sustainability and always welcome comments and feedback!