Curry Health Center
Curry Health Center provides quality, affordable, accessible health care for students at the University of Montana. We promote a healthy campus by treating students with dignity and respect and through collaborating and sharing our expertise with others.
A Letter From Our Medical Director
Dear UM Students,
As Spring arrives here in Montana, we want to remind you to continue to practice social distancing, wearing masks, and getting tested if you are feeling ill. We are hopeful that the end is near with the pandemic but we need to continue to stay the path of prevention to protect our most vulnerable.
If you have symptoms of COVID-19, which could include anything from a cough, shortness of breath, sore throat, body aches, loss of taste or smell, congestion, nausea, diarrhea, fever or chills, headache or fatigue; you can be tested at our health center for no charge. We are able to use a point of care COVID test that we run in our lab at Curry Health Center. Those results are available the same day of the test. We have staff in place to help with advice for students who have questions regarding exposure or management of illness. We coordinate all these services with ongoing guidance from our local health department in Missoula. We can also manage quarantine and isolation for on campus students.
We are working with the Health Center Pharmacy, located in our building, to vaccinate students, faculty and staff who are eligible to receive one of the approved COVID-19 vaccines. The Health Center Pharmacy is managed by the UM School of Pharmacy and they have been at the forefront of the Missoula County vaccination efforts. We are expecting to open up vaccinations to more and more students, faculty and staff in the next weeks and soon all people over 16 will be eligible to be vaccinated. I would encourage all UM students to take advantage of any available vaccination opportunity.
We provide Medical, Counseling, Dental and Wellness services Monday - Friday, 8 - 5 for registered students at UM. If you have a health concern or need to be seen in one of our clinics, please call us. We want to help you manage any health need you have. Our general number is 243-2122
JEFF ADAMS MD
CURRY HEALTH CENTER
U N I V E R S I T Y O F M O N T A N A
CHC is open during academic session for in-person services and telemedicine visits.
Our priority is to slow the spread of COVID-19. Our first line of defense is to limit face-to-face interactions whenever necessary and prudent. In an effort to carry out our mission and to protect our patients/clients as well as our colleagues, CHC is modifying current operations in the following ways:
- Medical now offers telemedicine as well as in-person appointments. Please call 406-243-4330 and we will set up an appointment that best fits your needs.
- Counseling is available via telecounseling. Call 406-243-4711 to set up an appointment.
- Dental is open for essential dental care Monday-Friday 8:00am-4:45pm. Call 406-243-5445 to set up an appointment.
- Wellness is working remotely and is available for health coaching via telemedicine. Please email Kayli Julius at Kayli.email@example.com to set up an appointment.
- Student Insurance is working remotely. Please call 406-243-2844 if you have any questions.
- Pharmacy is here for all your prescription needs. Please call 406-243-5171 and arrange a time to pick up your medications. They will meet you at the main door of Curry. You don’t even need to come in.
- We ask everyone to follow Governor Bullock’s orders to reduce the spread of infection. Together we can fight COVID-19.