Curry Health Center
Curry Health Center provides quality, affordable, accessible health care for students at the University of Montana. We promote a healthy campus by treating students with dignity and respect and through collaborating and sharing our expertise with others.
A Letter From Our Medical Director
Dear UM Students,
Campus health and safety are always at the forefront of our minds at the University of Montana. Since the COVID-19 pandemic, it has become more important than ever. As the Medical Director at Curry Health Center at UM, I want you to know that we have worked extensively on a campus plan to decrease risk of illness, increase testing capability and have the ability to isolate an on campus student with a positive COVID-19 test.
We are now able to use a point of care COVID test that we run in our lab at Curry Health Center to evaluate a student with symptoms that could be from Coronavirus. Those results can be available in as little as 20 minutes, depending on testing volume. We will send a second sample to a larger lab for confirmation. We have staff in place to help with advice for students who have questions regarding exposure or management of illness. We coordinate all these services with ongoing guidance from our local health department in Missoula.
Curry Health Center is funded by students that pay a health service fee each semester and a small per visit charge. Although we will help staff or faculty in an emergency situation, we generally don’t see staff or faculty in our student health clinic.
Jeff Adams, MD
Medical Director - Curry Health Center
CHC is open during academic session for in-person services and telemedicine visits.
Our priority is to slow the spread of COVID-19. Our first line of defense is to limit face-to-face interactions whenever necessary and prudent. In an effort to carry out our mission and to protect our patients/clients as well as our colleagues, CHC is modifying current operations in the following ways:
- Medical now offers telemedicine as well as in-person appointments. Please call 406-243-4330 and we will set up an appointment that best fits your needs.
- Counseling is available via telecounseling. Call 406-243-4711 to set up an appointment.
- Dental is open for essential dental care Monday-Friday 8:00am-4:45pm. Call 406-243-5445 to set up an appointment.
- Wellness is working remotely and is available for health coaching via telemedicine. Please email Kayli Julius at Kayli.email@example.com to set up an appointment.
- Student Insurance is working remotely. Please call 406-243-2844 if you have any questions.
- Pharmacy is here for all your prescription needs. Please call 406-243-5171 and arrange a time to pick up your medications. They will meet you at the main door of Curry. You don’t even need to come in.
- We ask everyone to follow Governor Bullock’s orders to reduce the spread of infection. Together we can fight COVID-19.