Undergraduate Admissions

Undergraduate Admissions

Missoula College Transfer Admission

A transfer student is a student who has completed 12 or more GPA or pass credits in college-level courses at another college or university, who is entering Missoula College for the first time, and whose credits at the previous institution have been accepted by Missoula College.

Application for Summer 2021 closes Thursday, July 1, 2021.

Application for Fall 2021 closes Wednesday, June 30, 2021.

Late application for Fall 2021 open July 1-Aug. 30, 2021.

Application Procedures

  1. To apply online or print a paper application, click on the Apply Now link above and choose the term you would like to start.
  2. Send a current official transcript from each college you've attended so that we may process your admission without delays.
  3. Send a complete, official transcript as soon as you complete your final term.

Admission Requirement

Applicants must present a 2.00 (C) cumulative grade average (on a 0-4 scale) for all college level work attempted to be eligible for admission.


Submission of official transcripts issued from every regionally accredited institution a student previously attended are required for an application’s review, regardless of whether credit was earned or its applicability to your degree plan at Missoula College.

All college level (100 level and above), degree-applicable credits recorded on official transcripts from institutions that are regionally accredited at the time of your attendance will transfer. Official transcripts must be requested and sent directly from the institution to: University of Montana Office of Admissions, Lommasson Center Room 101, Missoula MT 59812. Submission of official transcripts issued from every regionally accredited institution a student previously attended are required for an application’s review, regardless of whether credit was earned or its applicability to your degree plan at UM. Please note that all faxed out-of-state transcripts are considered unofficial. However, those faxed directly from another Montana University System in-state institution with a macro-fax stamp are accepted as official.

Undergraduate Admissions
Lommasson Center 101
32 Campus Drive 
Missoula, MT 59812

UM accepts Associate of Arts (AA) and Associate of Science (AS) Degrees from US colleges and universities accredited by regional accrediting agencies recognized by the US Department of Education. A completed AA or AS degree satisfies UM’s lower-division General Education requirements; students must still complete the advanced writing course and are encouraged to explore lower-division language courses to enhance their major.  Since Associate of Applied Science (AAS) Degrees focus on technical skills, the degree does not necessarily satisfy all lower-division General Education requirements at UM.

Credit Evaluations

An unofficial self-evaluation of course work can be accessed through our Transfer Equivalency Self-Service tool. This information can be printed from the web and is for reference only, but will be a helpful resource when you are being advised. The equivalencies listed are the most current and subject to change. If a course or institution is not listed it does not necessarily mean that the course will not transfer, just that the information is not yet in our database.

Official evaluations of transfer credits will be processed by your Admissions Evaluator in the Enrollment Services-Admissions Office only after all official transcripts have been received for each applicant. A final transcript is one that posts ALL graded coursework through your final term of attendance at each institution. Your Admissions Evaluator will determine the equivalency of the transfer course work to University of Montana. The Admissions Office also determines which courses fulfill General Education requirements. The transfer course description is compared to the UM course description. Courses generally matching in credit amount, level, and content are considered equivalent. Courses not matching are granted elective credit or elective credit with general eds.

Per BOR 301.5, students have the right to appeal their official evaluation by contacting the Admissions Office. If a student exercises the appeal rights set out in this policy, the review and a final decision must be completed by the class pre-registration date for the following academic term.  The student must initiate the appeal process, in a timely manner, in order to give the institution time to complete its review before the deadline described in the preceding sentence.

Please note: an evaluation will not be done for students who have previously earned a U.S. baccalaureate degree. General Education requirements are considered complete for these students.