Information on Applying
Thank you for your interest in the University of Montana graduate programs. Applying to a graduate program is easy. Complete the following application steps by the chosen application deadline. The admission committee evaluates applications within two weeks of the deadlines.
Questions about the process? Contact email@example.com.
|Deadline||Fall Admission||Spring Admission||Summer Admission|
|February 1 *|
* Priority for scholarships and graduate assistantship application opportunity
Step 1: Complete Online Application
Complete the online Graduate School application: Apply Now!
- This is an electronic process that requires a $60 application fee due at the time of submission.
Step 2: Request Official Transcript(s)Submit documentation showing all previous college coursework.
- If undergraduate degree was earned from the University of Montana, we do not require official transcript(s) to be submitted.
- Submit official transcripts to:
Step 3: Three Letters of Recommendation
Names and email address are supplied during the application process and the letters will be electronically collected by the university.
- Submit information for those qualified to attest to your academic potential or professional performance.
- Please view the Letter of Recommendation Form that will be requested by the university. We will email the form directly to the recipients provided in your application..
Step 4: Current ResumeSubmit your most recent resume.
- Include all work experience with dates of employment.
Step 5: Letter of IntentAddress letter to the Graduate Review Committee (2-3 paragraphs, no more than 1 page, in standard business format).
- Describe your objective for receiving the specific graduate degree you are applying for (MAcct, MBA, MSBA).
- Outline your career highlights, achievements and goals.
Step 6: Official GMAT Scores (if required)
Submit GMAT scores by the admission date, unless you have been granted a waiver (see below). Scores should be no older than five years.
More information on the GMAT can be found at www.mba.com. The website provides a complete description, including test dates and locations.
A GMAT waiver will be considered for those applicants who meet one of the following criteria by the application date:
- Joint Program Degree GMAT Waiver - A graduate entrance exam has been completed for another University of Montana graduate program and the applicant is seeking joint enrollment.
- UG GPA - A 3.3 GPA in last 60 credits completed.
- Executive GMAT Waiver - The applicant must reflect one of the following:
- Minimum of 5 years of professional and/or military experience bemonstrating both managerial (team leader, senior-level position, or project manager) and financial responsibilities (e.g., budgeting)
- A terminal degree (JD, MD, PhD, etc.)
- Have owned your own business with supporting documentation of ownership for at last five years
To be considered for the Executive GMAT Waiver, please submit a written request and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. The written request must include the years of work experience and a description of relevant leadership /managerial experience in 250 words or less.
Applicants whose native language is not English must submit official TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) scores. NOTE: The TOEFL is waived for students whose undergraduate degree is from an English-speaking school.
|TOEFL Score Requirements|