To request the note-taking accommodation, the students need to receive approval from their coordinator. If the coordinator verifies the right to peer note-taking as a reasonable accommodation, the Office for Disability Equity will:
- photocopy the notes at our office in Lommasson Center Room 154.
- provide $30 in UMoney to the volunteer note-taker during the finals week.
How to arrange a note-taker
Find a classmate to share notes with you. If a search is unsuccessful, ask your instructors for their assistance in finding a note-taker by making an announcement in the class.
An example of the announcement: "A student is looking for a note-taker in this class. The note-taker will receive $30 in UMoney during the finals week from the Office for Disability Equity. Please see me after class for more information."
Deadline to notify us
- Spring 2022: Monday, May 2
When you use a note-taker
Students, who use the note-taking accommodation during the semester, need to submit their note-takers information by email at firstname.lastname@example.org by the deadline.
The email should include the following information:
- Your full name and your University ID
- Your note-takers' names and their University IDs
- The courses (i.e. BIOB 101) for which you had note-takers
Please include the complete necessary information in your email when you submit your note-takers' information. Incomplete information will cause a delay to issue the UMoney to your note-takers.
The image example of the email notice with the note-takers information