Housing accommodations

For Residence Halls, University Villages, and the Lewis and Clark Village

UM Housing and the Office for Disability Equity work together to ensure that students with disabilities can participate in UM Housing's programs including housing.

Examples of housing accommodations:

  • Accessible rooms or bathrooms
  • Bringing a medical bed
  • First-floor room
  • Elevator access
  • Having a service animal
  • Having an assistance animal
  • Personal care attendant's access to buildings
  • Remote automatic door openers
  • Signaling devices
  • Single rooms*

*Accommodation requests are only for the student's living space. Requests based on studying issues will not be considered.

Timely application and requests are critical

UM Housing processes the housing accommodation requests on a first-come, first-serve basis. Therefore, timely submission of housing applications and accommodation requests are critical.

How to request housing accommodations

  1. Complete the UM Housing's online application as soon as possible. For the Lewis and Clark Village application, indicate that you are requesting a housing accommodation.
  2. Contact the Office for Disability Equity and schedule a meeting with a coordinator. 
  3. Submit disability documentation to us.