Interpreting and captioning services
How to request services
For the first time request:
- Connect with us: schedule an initial meeting by contacting the office.
- Complete the initial meeting and review the student's responsibilities.
- Provide your class schedule in advance to the Lead Sign Language Interpreter.
For students who previously requested services:
- Provide your class schedule each semester in advance to the Lead Sign Language Interpreter.
For class-related activities, meetings, reviews, or group sessions:
- Contact the Lead Sign Language Interpreter in advance.
Interpreting or captioning requests are prioritized as follows:
- Academic - This includes classes, field trips, study groups, events that are required for classes, meetings with instructors or academic advisors, tutorials.
- Non-Academic or Extra Curricular students’ activities - This includes club meetings, concerts, performing arts, workshops, and campus events such as lectures and conferences.
- Campus Events sponsored by the university, colleges, or departments including University address, guest lecturers, recognition ceremonies, celebrations, conferences.