Your University Email and ID
Faculty Affiliate Recommendation Form
Faculty Affiliates are not University employees, but are associated with an academic department or organization of the University for the purposes of teaching or academic oversight. Those who hold the courtesy appointments typically contribute to the instructional, research, creative activity, or service functions of the University. As a visiting international scholar, you are considered a Faculty Affiliate. To receive your UM ID's, you must work with your host department to complete the Faculty Affiliate Recommendation Form which your host department will then submit to the Office of the Provost.
You will receive two ID's while attending University of Montana. These are your NetID and your 790 number. With your netID you can set up your email account and log into online services. Your 790 will be is used primarily for identification purposes. You will need your ID's to access your UM email, online account, and various other UM services and accounts. It is very important you keep your ID's private as they are you identification at UM.
First NetID Login with Cyberbear
- You will need to login to CyberBear before anything else, as this is where you will be asked to create your own password.
- Your NetID and password will be used to access all areas within http://my.umt.edu such as your student email, Moodle, the course catalog, the UM Housing application and much more.
- Log into your CyberBear account using your NetID as your username. You can find your NetID using the online NetID Lookup Tool.
- If you have never logged in with your NetID, your initial password is the last six digits of your UM ID number (begins with 790).
- After logging in for the first time you will be prompted to create your own password. You only need to do this one time.
- If you experience NetID login problems please contact the IT Central Help Desk at (406) 243-HELP (x4357) Mon - Fri 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. MST.
Activating Your UMConnect Email Account
To log into your UMConnect account, you will use the same NetID and password that you use to access Cyberbear. If you prefer to forward this email to your personal account, you can learn How to Forward Your UMConnect Email here.