Travel & Arrival Information
Book your flight to Missoula
Missoula International Airport (MSO) is 6.1 miles west of Missoula. There are several daily flights into MSO. Please be sure that International Students and Scholars and your host department knows your date of arrival and flight number. You should inform our office or your hosting department of any changes in your arrival plans as soon as possible. Please remember that you are not allowed to enter the United States more than 30 days prior to the start date on your DS-2019 or 30 days after the start date on your DS-2019; if you attempt to enter the U.S. outside of this window you may be denied entry at the border.
Ground transportation from the airport to campus can be arranged as follows:
- Green Taxi: Email- email@example.com; Phone: 406.728.8294
- Yellow Cab: Phone: 406.728.8294
You are required to check in with our office within 30 days after your arrival date in the U.S. or immediately if you arrive after the start date on your DS-2019.
When you check in at our office we will:
- Process your visa documentation
- Copy your I-94 (Don't have your I-94? After you enter the country go to the official I-94 website and print your I-94)
- Activate you in SEVIS in order to guarantee your legal status in the U.S.
Once at UM you will be provided with an orientation program to review immigration regulations and help familiarize you wit the U.S., Missoula and UM.