39th Concert Band Festival
February 22-23, 2022
- Stimulating and enriching experience in an educational atmosphere.
- Get feedback from some of the profession's top educators.
- Over 100 bands from 50 schools from four states have attended since 2008.
- Over 90% of the schools return to the festival the following year!
- 30-minute performance block (streamed + audio & video recording) in the 1,100 seat Dennison Theatre. UM Faculty clinicians will provide written comments.
- 30-minute clinic block (+ audio recordin) with guest clinicians after your performance.
- 60-minute clinic from guest artist presented at 12:00 p.m. Tuesday & Wednesday.
- 45-minute performance by UM Symphonic Wind Ensemble featuring the guest artist in the Dennison Theatre at 1:00 p.m. Monday & Tuesday.
- First come, first served basis up to 24 bands.
- Registration Fee: $250 per ensemble.
- Invoices will be provided to each school upon registration
- Verification of acceptance and more information will be forthcoming
Festival Application (applications closed for 2022)
2022 Director Information & Campus Map
2022 SUBMIT repertoire & set-up.
- Professor of Clarinet, University of Texas - Austin
- Former principal clarinet, Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra
- Teaches at summer festivals including Bard, Tanglewood, Aspen, St. Bart’s, Telluride Jazz Celebration, and Ashlawn-Highland Opera Company
- He has performed internationally, most recently in Thailand, Taiwan and Canada.
Dr. Emily Moss
- Director of Bands at California State University at Los Angeles.
- Former middle school band director in Chandler, AZ and Seattle, WA.
- Degrees: University of Washington and University of Northern Colorado
- Board member of both the College Band Directors National Association and the World Association of Symphonic Bands and Ensembles.
Dr. Travis Higa
- Associate Director of Bands and Director of the Pride of Mississippi Marching Band at University of Southern Mississippi
- Dr. Higa's wind band transcription Pataruco received nominations from the Latin Grammy Awards (Classical Contemporary Compostiion & Best Classical Album).
- Taught middle school band in Longmeadow, MA.
Degrees from UNLV, University of Montana and Michigan State University