Welcome to UMOnline
To log into your course:
- Click on “NetID Login.”
- Enter your NetID and Password.
- Click the Login button.
Your current online courses will be listed on the left side of your screen under “My Courses.”
Click on the title of the course you wish to enter.
Moodle 101 for Students
NetID & Password
Your NetID and password are used to provide secure access to your online courses, CyberBear, UMConnect student email, and a number of other online services at the University of Montana. To access these services, please visit my.umt.edu.
If you have never logged in with your NetID before:
- Please visit cyberbear.umt.edu
- Click “Login to CyberBear”
- Enter your NetID: xx000000 (first initial + last initial + six numbers)
- Enter your password.
- Your initial password is the last six digits of your University ID (the 790# number on your Griz card).
- You will be prompted during your first logon to change your password and set a security question. Passwords can be changed/managed by using the links located on each login page. If you have a question about your password, call IT Central at (406) 243-4357 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The UMOnline Distance Orientation provides helpful information on such topics as admissions, advising, registration, payment, and more. To access this orientation:
- Navigate to either the UMOnline or Moodle websites.
- Click on “Non-NetID Login.”
- Enter "griz" for both the username and password.
- Click on “UM Orientation for Distance Students” under “My Courses.”
- Click on the links under each heading for more information on each topic.
- Be sure to log out of “griz griz” when you are finished. You will find the “Logout” link in the upper right corner of the Orientation.
A required student tutorial, PETSA (Personal Empowerment Through Self Awareness), will be listed with your current courses in Moodle until it’s been completed. More information on this tutorial can be found at umt.edu/petsa. You will need to complete the PETSA tutorial with a 100% score before registering for your second semester at The University of Montana.
UMConnect is The University of Montana's official student email system. A UMConnect account and an easy-to-use umontana alias are generated for every student. Communications from your instructor and from UM administration will appear in your student email account. It is very important that you check your UMConnect account regularly. Access your account by using your NetID and password. You can also find a link to UMConnect on the my.umt.edu page.
To Ask a Question or Get Help
For questions regarding your NetID or password, UMConnect email account, or for technical computer assistance, call the IT Central Help Desk at (406) 243-HELP (4357), 8am - 5pm, Monday through Friday or email email@example.com.
Technical support for UMOnline and Moodle is available through the UMOnline Support Desk, 8am - 5pm, Monday through Friday at (406) 243-4999 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please Note: If your online course is not visible in Moodle at the beginning of the semester, please contact your instructor and ask whether the course has been made visible to students. If the course has been made visible but you still don’t see it, please contact the UMOnline Support Desk.
UMOnline is committed to ensuring that Moodle is accessible to all students. Students who encounter accessibility barriers or problems with the learning management system (Moodle) are encouraged to contact Marlene Zentz, accessibility specialist with UMOnline, at (406) 243-6434 or email@example.com. More information about accessibility on campus can be found at umonline.umt.edu/accessibility and umt.edu/accessibility.
Student Conduct Code
The University of Montana’s Student Conduct Code outlines the rights and responsibilities of students at The University of Montana and governs all student conduct. You are encouraged to view or download the document from the Student Affairs website.