Policies - Lewis and Clark Village
In general, students are expected to behave in a considerate and responsible manner, which respects the rights of the University and of any other person who may be affected by their actions. All Lewis and Clark Village tenants are expected to abide by the Student Conduct Code. In addition to the Student Conduct Code, UM Housing has outlined the following policies in our Lewis and Clark Village Handbook for residents living in and visiting Lewis and Clark Village.
The Lewis and Clark Village Office reserves the right to develop other rules and regulations as necessary for the safety, care, and cleanliness of the premises, and for the security, comfort, and convenience of all occupants. Failure of the Lewis and Clark Village Office to enforce any of these policies and regulations shall not be construed as a waiver of terms. They shall remain in full force and effect.
Policy Expectations during the COVID-19 Pandemic
All members of the community must take these expectations seriously and understand their responsibilities. We will take policy violations during this pandemic very seriously. Any action that poses a risk to the health and safety of the community will be considered Disruptive Behavior and could result in student conduct (disciplinary) proceedings which may result in removal from housing. These actions include:
- Common spaces - Residents are still highly encouraged to use building lobbies, other campus spaces (including the University Center, Mansfield Library, and academic building lounges), and outdoor spaces for alternative study and socializing locations. These spaces can maintain greater air circulation and social distancing. If residents choose to use common spaces within the residential community, they must comply with capacity limits.
- Masks/Face Coverings- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has issued updated guidance recommending mask use in indoor settings regardless of COVID-19 vaccination status, in locations experiencing increased COVID-19 transmission and infection. The Missoula City-County Health Department has reported increased COVID-19 infections and hospitalizations in our county, including the presence of the Delta variant, and is recommending indoor mask use for all. Likewise, UM asks that employees, students and visitors wear masks indoors including in public spaces in UM Housing – regardless of vaccination status – and will require masks in classrooms and laboratory settings.
- Noncompliance with quarantine or isolation directives by medical professionals or Missoula County Health Officials.
- Malicious actions that cause fear or threaten the spread of illness, including standing or walking within six feet of another individual and coughing or sneezing on individuals or objects.
Medical Amnesty Policy
Medical Amnesty Policy
The University of Montana strongly encourages students and organizations to immediately contact University staff, emergency medical services, and/or law enforcement when they have reason to believe that a student’s health or safety is at risk. To mitigate barriers to requesting medical aid that may be caused by consumption or use of alcohol or drugs, a Medical Amnesty policy shall apply to:
- Students who request aid for themselves;
- Students who request aid for another student(s);
- Students for whom aid is rendered; and
- Students whose use or possession of alcohol and/or drugs were discovered because of a call for medical assistance.
In the situation where a student needs medical assistance, the student(s) who requests and/or receives emergency medical aid and fully complies with University, medical, and/or law enforcement personnel will not be issued disciplinary sanctions nor have conduct files created for the use or possession of alcohol and/or drugs that occurred in connection with the reported incident.
For more information regarding the medical amnesty policy, please review the Student Conduct Code (located here).
Lewis and Clark Village Rental Agreement
In addition to agreeing to the Lewis and Clark Village policies, the student must sign and agree to the Lewis and Clark Village Rental Agreement when submitting their housing application. Below is the rental agreement: