Rental Rates and Payments
Rent is charged to the student's CyberBear Account with the University of Montana. All rates for Lewis and Clark Village include a fully furnished apartment with utilities paid (including internet access and cable TV). Residents are required to submit a 60-day vacate notice of their intention to move out of Lewis and Clark Village.
Rent is charged by the month and is due on the 1st day of each month. A $25.00 late fee will be assessed if rent is not paid on time.
Paying Rent Monthly
Online Rent Payments
Online payments may be made via CyberBear
In-Person or Phone Payments with Credit Card
Credit card payments for LCV rent may be made in person at the University Villages Office located at #1 Elkhorn Court or over the phone by calling (406) 243-6038.
Payments are accepted between 9 am and 4 pm Monday through Friday
In-Person with Payments with Cash or Check
Cash or check payments may be made in person at Griz Central on the 2nd floor of Lommasson
Paying Rent in Advance
Rent can be paid in advance by requesting future months of rent to be charged to your student account. Please submit the Advance Rent Request Form if you would like to pay future months of rent. Future rent must be requested at least one business day before you plan to pay in order to add the charges to your student account. If you plan to pay with financial aid, future rent must be requested before refunds are issued for the semester. Future rent requests after refunds have been issued will need to be paid once you have received your refund.
July 2021 - June 2022
The housing rates for the 2021-2022 academic year as approved by the Montana Board of Regents are indicated below (effective July 1, 2021, rental rates will increase as indicated). All rates include cable TV, high-speed internet, Wi-Fi, and all utilities.
|Monthly Rate||Approx. Daily Rate Used for Proration|
July 2022 - June 2023
All rates include cable TV, high-speed internet, Wi-Fi, and all utilities.
|Monthly Rate||Approx. Daily Rate Used for Proration|
- Actual monthly rate depends on move-in and move-out dates. Students are responsible for their rent based on their apartment move-in date. All rent is posted to the student’s account. Any days outside these term days (or a partial month) will be assessed at the daily rate.
Residents currently living at Lewis and Clark Village during the Spring Semester prior to the summer, and who will continue to live at Lewis and Clark Village during the Fall Semester following the summer, are given the option to leave their personal items in their apartment for the summer and take advantage of a discounted rental rate for the time their room is unoccupied as long as they are away from the apartment at least 60 consecutive days and turn in their keys.
The rate for Summer Special is $300.00/month for the time the apartment is unoccupied. A Summer Special Rental Agreement must be completed and returned to the Lewis and Clark Village Office to receive this special offer. Rent will be prorated based on the departure and return dates for the months of May and August.
The University of Montana assumes no financial responsibility over the personal property of residents nor will the institution be financially responsible for large-scale, unintentional damage caused to university property by on-campus residents, such as a fire or sprinkler-head flood.
GradGuard Renters Insurance is a smart investment for college students and their families. With the GradGuard Renters Insurance plan, personal items that are stolen or damaged by a covered cause of loss can be replaced, subject to a $100 deductible. GradGuard Renters Insurance also protects students financially from large scale, unintentional damage they may cause to their residence hall or bodily injury they may cause to others for which they are legally liable.
Features of GradGuard Renters Insurance for the University of Montana students include:
- Low $100.00 Deductible. Compared to $500, $1000, or more for a typical homeowner’s insurance policy.
- Replacement Cost. If your personal property is stolen or damaged due to a covered peril, it will be replaced with an item of like kind and quality.
- Worldwide coverage – Your personal belongings are protected even away from campus.
- Electronics coverage – Your electronics, including your TV, laptop, smartphone and tablet, are covered up to the policy limits.
- Personal Liability Coverage. If you cause damage to university property or injure others, you may be liable for the damages. Renters Insurance from GradGuard provides up to $300,000 in personal liability coverage. For example, if you unintentionally set off your building’s sprinkler system, liability protection can help pay for the resulting damages.
- Alternative to Homeowners Insurance. Not all Homeowners Insurance policies are the same. Limitations may apply when property is away from the principal residence and some. Unlike Homeowners Insurance, your premium will not increase if you make a claim on the policy.
GradGuard Renters Insurance is underwritten by Markel American Insurance Company, Waukesha, WI. The advertised product is not available in AK, CT, and RI. Other program options are available for these states. Claims and coverage subject to policy, language, limits and exclusions.
To cancel your apartment reservation, please submit a Cancellation Request in your myHousingPortal. If the cancellation is received 30 days before your scheduled move in date, you will be refunded the damage deposit. If you cancel with less than 30 days before your move in date, the damage deposit will be forfeited.
Current residents are required to submit a 60-day vacate notice before moving out. To submit a vacate notice, you will need to log in using your NetID and complete the Vacate Form.