Faculty & Staff Directory
Instructor, Systems Administrator
- (406) 243-6556
Zach Rossmiller is a system administrator in Central Computing Services at the University of Montana. Zach's role as a system administrator brings relevance to classroom activities for Missoula College students. Zach's strong communication skills, technical background, and management expertise in IT serve as an example for students aspiring to pursue careers in network administration and security. Zach industry background brings real-world experience to his classroom.
Zach is a graduate from Missoula College.
- Masters of Business Administration – School of Business Administration – University of Montana, Missoula, MT, 2016
- Bachelor of Science, Management Information Systems – School of Business Administration – University of Montana, Missoula, MT
- Associate of Applied Science, Network Management - College of Technology, Missoula, MT
- ITS 212 Network Operating System – Server Admin, 3 cr. Offered autumn. Prereq., ITS 150. Server technologies commonly used in local area networking. Topics include installation, administration, storage, application services, network services, security, reliability, and availability.
- ITS 214 Network Operating System – Infrastructure, 3 cr. Offered spring. Prereq., ITS 210. Principles and implementation of enterprise networking services. Topics include Protocol Binding, DNS, DHCP, WINS, Remote Access, IP Routing, IP Security, Network Address Translation, and Certificate Services.
Rossmiller, Z., Lawrence, C., Clouse, S. F., & Looney, C. (2017). Teaching an Old Dog New Tricks: Disaster Recovery in a Small Business Context. Information Systems Education Journal, 15(2), 13.
- MCSE: Server Infrastructure – Microsoft
- MCSA: Windows Server 2012 – Microsoft
- MS: Server Virtualization with Hyper-V and System Center – Microsoft
- MCPS: Microsoft Certified Professional – Microsoft
- ITIL-F Foundation v3 – EXIN
- Network+ - CompTIA
- A+ – CompTIA