Walter Hook, Milwaukee Depot,
MMAC Permanent Collection
Gift of Gilbert A. Millikan
MMAC is located at The University of Montana. At this time, there is not one building dedicated to the museum, and so we operate out of several locations:
Our Meloy and Paxson Galleries are located in the PARTV Center on the north end of campus near the Adams Center. Come experience our current exhibitions.
The Galleries are free and open to the public, however, we suggest a $5.00 donation to help fund our exhibitions and outreach.
The administrative offices are located in McGill Hall room 212
In addition to enjoying the Permanent Collection in the galleries, many works are available for viewing in UM buildings, and there are numerous outside/exterior artworks around campus. See the Campus Artwalk Map for many of the locations.
Read more about MMAC's efforts to find a new home.
While you are here, don't forget to also visit the student-run UC Gallery, the Gallery of Visual Arts and the College of Visual and Performing Arts.
The MMAC's Meloy and Paxson galleries are located in the PARTV Center (Performance Arts Radio Television Center) at the University of Montana, across from the Adams Center off of E. 6th Street in Missoula. The galleries are located off the main lobby. Museum offices are located McGill Hall 212.
Directions to the museum:
West Bound I-90:
1) Take Missoula's first exit onto Van Buren Street, turn left at the stop sign and merge into the right lane.
2) At the stoplight, turn right onto Broadway Street.
3) Move into the furthest left lane, and turn left onto Madison at the first stoplight.
4) Driving over the bridge, stay in the left lane, and veer left at the fork in the road. After the fork, keep to the left and turn left onto 6th Street at the stoplight. After making a left on 6th Street, get into the right lane. You will be heading due east and directly in front of you will be the Adams Center. You are now on campus.
East Bound I-90:
1) Take Missoula's last exit onto Van Buren Street, Exit 105, turn right at the stop sign and merge into the right lane.
2) Follow steps 2-4 from above.
TRANSPORTATION & PARKING
The galleries in PARTV Center will remain open during construction of our new building along Campus Drive. From 12 to 5 pm, there is a free parking spot available on the south side of the PARTV Center on East Eddy Street. If the spot is taken, you can park in the lots surrounding PARTV Center with an all-day UM parking pass; passes can be purchased at the UM Public Safety office, Physical Plant Building, 32 Campus Drive, for just $3 per day. Hourly parking is available east of the University Center. University parking is free on weekdays after 5 pm, weekends, and all university-observed holidays. Quick-Stop parking is located on most UM lots, is marked by orange signage, but is limited to 20 minutes. Free UM Park-n-Ride buses stop near the PARTV Center.
MMAC welcomes tours. Please give us at least one week's notice so we can tailor the tour to your needs, age group, etc. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 406-243-2019 and we'll connect you with a docent.
The Montana Museum of Art & Culture is wheelchair accessible. For detailed campus info, visit www.umt.edu/accessmap. The south entrance to the Performing Arts Radio Television Center is ground level with automatic doors for easy wheelchair access. Accessible bathroom facilities are located inside the building, and limited accessible parking is also available on the north and south entrance parking lots.
MISSOULA HOTELS near MMAC
Book a hotel room near The University of Montana Campus at Missoula using Destination Missoula.