Downloadable Student Support Insert
UM Online has pulled together a focused list of resources to support online and remote students, which faculty can include with their syllabus or within their Moodle course shell.
Resources for Distance Teaching
Going Online Guidelines and Ideas
- Association of College and University Educators - Online Teaching Toolkit
- Suny - Designing an Online Course and Becoming an Online Educator - A Step-by-Step Guide
- Suny - Interested in Teaching Online?
- EdX - Pivoting to Online Teaching: Research and Practitioner Perspectives
- The Chronicle of Higher Education - Moving Online Now
Open Educational Resources (OER)
Now is the ideal time to look into Remote Instruction, and Open Education Resources (OER) for your courses. OER eliminates copyright issues related to course materials used for remote instruction and provides students with access to course materials at no cost, which is crucial to supporting students now more than ever.
Questions about OER? Contact Wendy Walker, Digital Initiatives Librarian at the Mansfield Library or Christina Trunnell, Statewide OER Coordinator.