CyberBear Login Instruction
CyberBear web address: https://www.umt.edu/cyberbear.
- Enter your NetID (two letters followed by six numbers (ab123456).
- Employee NetID's will have an "e" at the end (ab123456e).
- Enter your NetID password.
- First time logins use the last six digits of your UM ID (everything after the 790) as your password.
- You will also be prompted to change your password, select a security question and provide your answer.
You can find your NetID using the NetID Lookup Tool. If you are a student who has requested confidentiality through the Registrar's Office, your information will not display in the NetID Lookup Tool. You will need to contact the Registrar's Office or UM IT Help were you will need to verify your identity and they can provide your NetID to you.
If you can't remember your password, click on the I don't know my password! link on the login page.
Please see activating your UMontana alias.
CyberBear for Faculty & Advisors
- Login as outlined above.
- Click on CyberBear For Faculty & Advisors
- A page emphasizing privacy and confidentiality of student information appears. Please read it carefully and contact the Registrar's Office if have any questions regarding the Family Education Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).
- Select Faculty Self Service
- Refer to the Registrar’s Office CyberBear Updates page for instructions on how to navigate the updated faculty self-service menu.