Instruction at the ELI is student-centered and interactive. Students’ active participation is required to make classes successful and to help students progress in their English language proficiency. ELI classes are supplemented with opportunities for students to improve their English outside of the classroom through our Conversation Partner Program. ELI also incorporates at least one field trip and cultural activity per month, which extend language and cultural learning opportunities outside of the classroom.
At ELI, you will receive the time and attention you deserve. Program highlights include:
- 18-20 hours per week of instructional classes
- Small classes to ensure individualized attention
- Four levels of instruction from intermediate to advanced
- Student-centered and interactive instruction
- Five start dates throughout the year
- Many opportunities to improve English outside of the classroom
- Recommendation to UM for passing Level 6. YOU DON’T NEED A TOEFL OR IELTS SCORE.
- Friendly, knowledgable instructors
- Safe and fun environment
- Two institutional paper-based TOEFL tests offered each semester (one each session)
- Scores can be used to receive an ELI recommendation to UM.
- One test is provided to ELI students free of charge; if you want to take both tests, you will need to pay $50 for the second test.