A department's unit standards, in conjunction with the collective bargaining agreement (CBA), provide performance standards and expectations for the faculty.
- Each department's current unit standards are posted on the Department Reports page.
As required by the CBA, unit standards are revised every five years in a process that involves review by the Dean, the Unit Standards Committee, and the Provost. Unit standards for Missoula College are presented to the Dean and then the Provost for approval.
Unit Standards Review Process:
Step 1: Departmental Discussion (BY APRIL 30)
- Please review Instructions for Departments.
- Department creates/revises their unit standards document.
- Chair approves new unit standards, signs US signature page, and submits unit standards and signature page to Dean BY APRIL 30.
Step 2: Submission for Review (BY SEPTEMBER 30)
- Dean reviews new unit standards.
- Dean approves new unit standards, signs US signature page, and returns both documents to Chair.
- Chair submits electronic copies of unit standards and signature page to Office of the Provost BY SEPTEMBER 30.
Step 3: Revision Process
- Unit Standards Committee reviews unit standards and requests revisions.
- Department makes revisions and resubmits unit standards to the Office of the Provost.
- Office of the Provost reviews unit standards and requests revisions.
- Department makes revisions to unit standards and resubmits electronically to Provost's Office.
- Unit standards are posted on the Department Reports page and go into effect 12 months from date of Provost approval/signature.
Unit Standards Forms and Procedures
- Unit Standards Signature Form, PDF Version
- Unit Standards Signature Form, Word Version
- Unit Standards Approval Worksheet