Renters Insurance

As noted in the housing contract, the University of Montana assumes no responsibility and provides no insurance or financial protection for student's personal property.  By not carrying protection while on campus, you understand that you are fully responsible for your personal property and any damages you cause while living on campus.

All campus residents are eligible to protect their belongings through GradGuard's exclusive student endorsed renter's insurance program.  For about $11 per month, you will receive protection in the case your property is stolen or damaged.

The University of Montana strongly recommends renter’s insurance and is not compensated for providing this student benefit.  Renters Insurance with GradGuard is underwritten by Markel American Insurance Company, Waukesha, WI. The advertised product is not available in AK, CT, FL, and RI.  Other program options are available for these states.  Claims and coverage subject to policy, language, limits and exclusions. 

Info graphic for GradGuard Insurance. Theft & Fire protection. Homeowners Insurance Alternative. Liability Protection.  Worldwide Protection. Convenient monthly payment plan. Low Deductible.