Mission, Vision, & Values
Curry Health Center is the primary health care provider for the students of the University of Montana. We fulfill our campus role of promoting student success by:
- Providing direct health care to students
- Enhancing personal health and development
- Supporting the campus community through education and public health activities
- Providing a variety of learning opportunities for students
Curry Health Center will be a leading force for creating a healthy campus where:
- Injury or illness will not prevent academic success
- Students engage in healthy and protective behaviors
- Diversity is valued
- Mutual respect is the norm
- Students are wise consumers of health care
- Value and satisfaction are demonstrated
When we have tough decisions to make, we will always err on the side of those things that we value, which are:
We recognize that we provide a service of people helping and caring for other people.
We strive to treat those we serve and those who serve on our behalf with compassion, dignity, and respect. We value our unique relationship with students. We demonstrate our commitment to people by:
- Considering the impact of our decisions on people.
- Honest and direct dialogue
- Understanding that people working together create a greater good
- Encouraging individual growth and development
- Promoting an environment of individual responsibility
Curry Health Center values excellence in all of its endeavors.
We recognize the rapidly changing nature of health care and seek to remain up to date and evidence based. We achieve this through:
- A commitment to ongoing professional development
- Adhering to the highest ethical standards including confidentiality and privacy.
- Inviting and encouraging individuals to participate in addressing their health needs
- A clean and safe work environment
- An organized work environment
We recognize that we are a part of a larger, diverse academic organization. We commit to promoting a healthy campus through collaboration and sharing of our expertise. We achieve this through:
- Commitment to life-long learning
- Supporting student success
- Guidance and participation in public health matters