Plant Fund Request
USE & PURPOSE
Plant Funds are established to record expenditures related to construction, renovations, major repairs, land and structure acquisition, and major equipment purchases. Plant Funds are usually established for projects or purchases that exceed $20,000.
Please contact a Planning & Construction Specialist for questions related to the Plant Fund Request. Also, please review the help guide below for information. If you cannot find a solution to your question, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
LOCATING & SELECTING THE PLANT FUND REQUEST
- Find the form under “FACILITIES SERVICES”
- Then the submenu “PLANT FUND REQUEST”
- Though the initial information may change (see Additional Editors), the fields with red highlights indicate a required entry to proceed.
- ADDING EDITORS: A key feature of the form allows the user to designate additional editors; knowledge specialists, constituents and project stakeholders that may help to properly inform the submission or be informed by it. An additional editor can track the form (it’ll appear on the home page menu). and contribute to the submission only when the status is “Working On” and “Not Approved”. Editors will receive e-mails just like the prepared by user. Note: Editors are not required to approve the form (unless added to the approval route.)
- DEFAULT EDITOR: The Facilities Services Program Coordinator-Planning & Construction Specialist is always present on the submission to help guide and inform the process. The Program Coordinator cannot be removed from the form or route, and has full ability to edit the submission appropriately.
QUESTIONS, EXPLANATION & AUTHORIZATION LEVEL
- QUESTIONS: each of the two questions present in this section must be checked.
- AUTHORIZATION LEVEL: the proper “AUTHORIZATION LEVEL” must be chosen in order to complete the submission.
- AUTHORIZATION EXPLANATION: is a required field.
AFTER SUBMITTING THE FORM
FUNDING SOURCE(S) & JOURNAL VOUCHERS
- FUNDING SOURCE(S): The Department Level Authorizer is responsible for determining the funding source(s) during the approval process.
- JOURNAL VOUCHERS: The U-Approve application parses the funding source data and creates Journal Vouchers which are fed into Banner.
FOR MORE DETAIL ON THE PROCESSING OF THE FORM AFTER SUBMISSION
THE AUTHORIZATION PROCESS
Please continue to the Authorization and Approval Instruction page.