Personnel Activity Report
Stages of the Process: Overviews
- Process Route & Rules
- Quick Reference Guide
- Employee Approval
- Principal Investigator Approval/Dashboard
- Cost Match Overview
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Personnel Activity Report Search
General Use Information
- First review the status of the record which appears in list form on the U-Approve users homepage as well as at the top of each opened record.
- Use the scroll bar to view the complete record before taking any action.
- Records automatically approved by the system are also visible but do not require action. They are for informational purposes only.
- Records automatically approved by the system are clearly marked in the approval comment section as “Automatically approved by system.”
- C&G Leave Pool (MAF002, any sick or annual leave taken) is automatically certified.
- Before clicking "SUBMIT" all users are required to certify their submission by checking the checkbox that signifies their acknowledgement of this requirement.
- A submission cannot be modified after submitting. Review your submission carefully before clicking "SUBMIT".
- All records are complete following Principal Investigator (PI) approval. The Sponsored Program Specialist (SPS) is required for final approval when a corrective action is required or cost match is present.
Notification emails are issued at the following stages of the process:
- To the employee when the initial pull occurs. The associated Departmental Research Administrator (DRA) also receives a notification.
- To the PI if an employee record requires PI action or is late based upon the established process timeline.
- To the SPS after the PI completes approval and only when corrective action is required or cost match is present.
- To the ORSP Director following two previous late notices.
Process Timeline Notes
- The first notification email allows the employee two (2) weeks to approve their record(s) and notifies the DRA that the Personnel Activity Report (PAR) process-window is open.
- The PI receives a notification email two (2) weeks after the initial employee notification if the PI still needs to approve PAR records for an employee.
- Two (2) weeks after PI notification, the first late notice is issued if a PI still needs to approve PAR records for an employee.
- Two (2) weeks after the first late notice, the second late notice is issued to the PI if the PI still needs to approve PAR records for an employee.
- Two (2) weeks after the second late notice, the third late notice is issued to the ORSP Director.
- Notification emails containing links to a specific record can be forwarded to other employees for appropriate action as necessary.
- Search functionality allows all U-Approve users to view employee records.