|Environmental Science and Natural Resource Journalism||M.A.||Program Description|
Admission Application Instructions
- Applying for admission to the graduate program in Environmental Science and Natural Resource Journalism is a two-step process:
- First: Complete the Online Application (https://www.applyweb.com/apply/uomont/menu.html) As part of this process, applicants must do the following
- Self-report all colleges and universities attended (including grade point average).
- 3 Letters of recommendations.
- Upload a statement of interest that shows evidence of potential for successful completion of the program and strong interest in the field of journalism.
- Upload resume
- Pay the application fee.
- Second: Request Official Scores, Transcripts and Five samples:
- Request that official transcripts be sent to the Department of Journalism from all colleges and universities you have attended (excluding University of Montana) Transcripts may also be transmitted electronically through the National Student Clearinghouse.
- Five samples of professional or academic writing. Applicants with a background in broadcast, photo or multimedia journalism must submit samples of such work as well. Applicants will need to send those examples directly to email@example.com.
- Fall Semester - Priority will be given to complete application packets postmarked by February 15. Complete application packets received after this date will be considered on a space available basis. Students admitted to the Master's program may begin only in the fall semester.
- Spring Semester- Applications are discouraged, but please contact the department directly about space available. You must contact the department before applying for Spring Semester.
Don Anderson Hall, Room 201
Federal Express Delivery
School of Journalism - M.A. program
Don Anderson Hall 201
32 Campus Drive
Missoula, MT 59812
Office: (406) 243-4001
Fax: (406) 243-5369
Director of Graduate Studies